𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 - 𝘣𝘦𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦

꧁ - - - - - - ✧ - - - - - - ꧂

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 — 𝑏𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑣𝑒

KIARA AND LEILANI drove down the streets of Kildare on their way to pick Pope and JJ up to school. Neither of them were looking forward to the stares they would get, and the whispers that would stop whenever they were around. But they had to go, so Leilani was trying to make the best of it.

         Leilani wore a pair of orange jeans, a pretty white shirt and her white converse. She had on a beaded necklace, her shark tooth necklace and her initial chain, as well as beaded and stringed bracelets on her wrist. Leilani of course had her black cast on her left arm, her black curls pushed into a clip. Pope got in the backseat, and then JJ joined him, the group of four on their way to Kildare High School.

        Swinging her backpack onto her shoulder, Leilani got out of the passenger seat of Kie's car once she had parked it. She noticed JJ drinking from a flask of alcohol when she walked to Kie's side. "Hey. Relax." Leilani warned, JJ putting the flask in the backseat.

        "If I black out, just don't remind me." JJ shut the car door, walking beside his friends.

        "That's not funny." Kie said quietly.

        The whispers started right as the Pogues walked towards the school. They stopped in front of what seemed to be a memorial site for John B. There was a surfboard with his name on propped against a rock, pictures of him displayed over it. They didn't even know him. "I feel like people are staring at us." Kie said, glancing around.

        "Because they are." Leilani said quietly. She felt the stares, of course she did. That's apparently what happened when your father was murdered. Nobody cared, they just judged and talked from the sidelines.

        JJ looked over his girlfriend's head. "Oh, yeah." he agreed, his hand on Leilani's lower back.

        "Guys, I can't be late." Pope attempted to walk away, but Kiara stopped him.

        "We gotta stick together." Pope grabbed her outstretched hand.

        JJ rolled his eyes, beginning to brush past Leilani, Kie and Pope. Leilani reached out and grabbed his forearm with her casted wrist, sliding it down until her fingers met his. "If you do anything stupid, I'm going to kick your ass." Leilani whispered in her boyfriend's ear, glancing up at him. She didn't need to be worried about him getting into fights.

        They sat in their history class, Leilani trying hard to focus on Mr. Sunn's lesson. It was proving to be difficult, because every other student in the class had each taken multiple turns to stare at her. Leilani just looked from the whiteboard to her notes, copying everything important down in her neat penmanship. Leilani was seated beside Pope, and she looked over at him as his phone vibrated with a text message.