𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦 - 𝘭𝘦𝘪𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘪 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞𝑙𝑒𝑖𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑖 𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑔𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑

LATER IN THE day, John B, Pope, JJ and Leilani piled into the HMS to pick up Sarah and Kie from the marsh. Hopefully, they didn't kill each other. They were sitting together on the bow of the boat, their legs hanging off the edge. "Uh-oh!" Pope yelled to them as the Pogue neared.

        "You forget your keys or something?" John B teased, taking immense pleasure in the situation.

        "Need a tow?" Leilani shouted, her curls left down against her shoulders, an old t-shirt covering her chest.

        John B drove the boat up to the girls, Leilani and Pope on either side of him and JJ at the stern. "You gotta admit it was pretty funny." John B said.

        "Mastermind, huh?" Kiara said, rolling her eyes at her friends.

        "I'm always plannin'." JJ held the rope in his hands as John B stopped the Pogue parallel to Heyward's boat.

        Kie stood up. "Some patriarchal bullshit." she scoffed, Sarah standing beside her.

        "Yeah, that sucked." Sarah pouted.

        "You still love us though, right?" JJ asked, tossing the rope to Kie, moving to stand next to Leilani.

        "Yeah, yeah, whatever." Sarah rolled her eyes.

        John B looked up at her. "You still hate me?"

        "A little. We're both gonna get you back when you least expect it." Sarah threatened, arms crossed over her chest.

        "Watch your back, boys." Kie said, intentionally leaving Leilani out of the discussion.

        JJ frowned. "Why isn't she a part of this?" he asked, looking down at his girlfriend.

        "Because I was guilt-tripped into this plan." she turned to Sarah and Kie, smiling.

        Pope sat down on the edge of John B's seat, Leilani leaning against the rail beside him. "So, did you guys, you know..." he trailed off.

        "Reconcile our differences? Not even close." Kiara said, Sarah shaking her head in agreement with Kie's statement.

        "But, we're... willing to work together." Sarah spoke and Kie nodded hesitantly.