𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘸𝘰 - 𝘫𝘢𝘪𝘭 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬

꧁ - - - - - - ✧ - - - - - - ꧂

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨 — 𝑗𝑎𝑖𝑙 𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘

WAKING UP TO her phone ringing, Leilani rolled over and pulled her phone off of JJ's nightstand, smiling when she saw that it was her boyfriend calling her. Leilani pushed herself on her back, bringing the phone to her ear. "Hey, you." she answered.

        "Leils! I need your help." JJ said, his panting and worry fading into Leilani's ears.

        She immediately sat up and pushed herself out of JJ's bed, searching for her clothes. "Where are you?" Leilani didn't need any details. She would come to him, of course she would.

        JJ sighed, trying to pinpoint his location. "I'm in the back of an ambulance. I-I tried to break John B out of jail and it didn't work. 4th and Seneca" he explained, panicking.

        Leilani rolled her eyes, pulling on her bra and a sweatshirt. "Jesus Christ, JJ," she said as she tugged on her unlaced converse and grabbed her backpack from the living room couch. "I'm on my way." she hung up before he could say anything else and sped to the Chateau, recruiting Kie and Pope.

        Kie sat in the back of Leilani's car and Pope took the front seat as Leilani drove as fast as she could to JJ's location. "What are you doing?" Pope shouted as Leilani didn't slow down at an approaching intersection. The ambulance JJ was in was right there, and she knew she had to give JJ a chance to get away from the four police cars around him.

        "Hold on." Leilani drove out into the middle of the road and stopped the car abruptly, the ambulance's brakes screeching as it came to a stop.

        "Go! Get out of the way! Go!" the ambulance driver yelled at them and Leilani rolled down her window.

        "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Leilani apologized, stalling for JJ.

        "Move! Get your car out of the road!" the driver yelled again.

        Kie leant towards Leilani. "He's out." she had seen JJ run out of the ambulance.

        "She just got her license." Pope covered, Leilani shrugging at the driver.

        "It was an accident." Kie said, tapping Leilani's shoulder once JJ was far enough away.

        She awkwardly waved and drove through the intersection, parking on the side of the road at the other side of the woods JJ had run through. "Come on!" Pope yelled to JJ once he saw him.