𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 - 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘶𝘦

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝑘𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑢𝑒

LEILANI MADE HERSELF breakfast when she got back from the beach and ate it in her room as she got ready to meet Kai and Bryce at the marine center. She pulled a green and white floral bikini on, a pair of black athletic shorts and her soft blue work shirt on over top. Her hair was french braided down her back and she wore a couple bracelets and necklaces.

        It was always quiet in the mornings when Kai went to the center early, and it was even quieter because he brought Bryce along with him. Leilani relished the quiet before Rachel and Caitlin would wake up, and she snuck into the garage before they did. Scout followed Leilani through the house as she packed her bag and set herself up in her makeshift surf shack to finish fixing JJ's board.

        JJ was perfectly capable of sanding down the edges in his surfboard, but Leilani decided it needed of fresh coat of paint. It was almost done, and Leilani pulled her shirt up over her nose and mouth as she spray-painted the final touches of black onto JJ's board. She was always very meticulous when she was working on anything surf related, and she often forget about time.

        It was midmorning when JJ arrived at Leilani's house, petting Scout as the golden retriever ran to him. Leilani was too focused on pulling the tape off of his finished surfboard to notice his presense. It wasn't until JJ gently threw his hat at the girl that she snapped her head up, seeing JJ leaning against the frame of the garage. "You scared me, Jesus." Leila said, catching her breath.

        JJ smiled. "I'll announce myself five more times next time," he said, pushing himself off of the frame and stepping next to Leilani. "Is this mine?" he asked, pointing to the board she was working on.

        Leilani nodded, peeling off the last piece of tape. "Yeah. I finished it today." she was proud of the work she had done, and JJ could tell.

        The blonde boy ran his ring-clad fingers delicately over the board, inspecting it. "I think you should fix all my boards from now one." JJ said, drawing Leilani into a bold, thankful hug.

        She chuckled, leaning into his warm embrace. "I have my own to work on next." Leilani pointed to her cracked shortboard and one of her longboards that had broken
fin-plugs.

        JJ released Leilani. "Is your car fixed?" he asked, pointing to her newer, white car that had a longboard on the rack on top of it.

        Leilani nodded. "Yeah, my dad fixed the door yesterday. We should get going so you can see Betty, Dorothea and Inez before they get released tomorrow."