𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳 - 𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘭𝘺

꧁ - - - - - - ✧ - - - - - - ꧂

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 — 𝑠𝑖𝑐𝑘𝑙𝑦

A FEW DAYS later, Leilani rushed around her house before school, trying to get herself ready to go. Her hair was still damp from the break and she spent too long surfing to have time to shower. Leilani tied her curls into a low bun, wearing a pair of jeans, an orange surf t-shirt and her white converse. "Leilani, come here a second." Rachel called from the living room as Leilani packed her lunchbag.

"Oh my God," Leilani muttered, shoving a bagel into her mouth. "What?" she and Rachel had been on the outs recently, and it was tense in the quiet house. Bryce and Caitlin were still with their father, so it was just Rachel, Leilani and Scout.

Rachel scoffed when Leilani stepped into the living room. "Don't take that tone with me. I want you home after school. No going to KMR."

"Rachel, I have to work! If they need me, I'm going." Leilani said, eating part of her bagel, anxiously checking the time on the clock.

"You're not going unless it's an emergency! Pretty soon, you'll be legally under my control, and it won't be easy for you if you don't listen," Rachel threatened. "Now, go to school. I made you some tea."

Leilani rolled her eyes behind Rachel's back and said goodbye to Scout, grabbing her lunch and throwing her backpack over her shoulders. She took the travel cup of overly-sweet tea into her hands and grabbed her keychain, walking to her car. Once she got herself situated, she called JJ and put the phone beside her, pulling into the road. "Hey, baby." JJ answered, his voice groggy.

"If you are not ready to go in fifteen minutes I'm going to kill you." Leilani threatened, drinking some of the tea, hoping it would settle her stomach from the pains she had been having in the last week.

"I'm ready, I promise." JJ lied, beginning to get dressed so Leilani wouldn't be mad at him.

Leilani didn't really believe him, but she wasn't feeling well enough to question him. Between her recent sickness and the results of her father's autopsy, Leilani was in a weird state. "Okay. I'll be there soon. I love you." Leilani said, her head killing her.

"I love you, too." JJ said, and Leilani hung up, focusing on driving to his house.

He walked out of his house as Leilani pulled over into the yard, climbing into the front seat. Before he could even greet his girlfriend, she spoke. "My notes are in my backpack." Leilani began pulling out of JJ's yard.