𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 - 𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘴

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑠

AS LEILANI WAS grabbing her car keys and strapping on her battered converse, Rachel stopped her, a box in her hands. "You're going out? Perfect. I need you to take this to Rose." Rachel said as Leilani stood, sighing.

        "Why?" Leilani groaned, taking the box into her arms. "Jesus, what is in this?" she asked.

        "Tablecloths for Midsummers. Which you're going to, by the way." Rachel poured herself a glass of wine as Leilani put the box on the counter so she could finish gathering her belongings.

        The girl rolled her eyes, pulling on her backpack. "Yeah, we'll argue about that later." Leilani mumbled, taking the box once more and walking out into the garage where her car and Scout were, loading the box and dog into the backseat and pulling out of the driveway.

        She dreaded anytime she had to go near the Cameron household. Leilani hated running into Sarah and Rafe, and she didn't particularily like holding a conversation with Ward and Rose. But sometimes it wasn't worth arguing with Rachel, and this detour shouldn't make her too late at John B's.

        Once she reached the Kookiest mansion in Figure Eight, Leilani parked her car and gathered the box into her arms, walking into the backyard where she heard noise with Scout walking at her side. Rafe, Topper and Kelce were standing around outside, talking amongst themselves. Rafe turned around at hearing footsteps, smiling at a chance to torment Leilani. "Hey, Moana!" Rafe chuckled, Kelce and Topper turning around with him.

        Leilani rolled her eyes. "That's racially profiling, asshole," she dropped the box at her feet. "Where's Rose?" she questioned, ignoring Topper and Kelce's presense altogether. Kelce knelt to pet Scout as the dog ran up to him.

        "Inside, somewhere." Rafe shrugged and Leilani sighed.

        Scout moved to Topper, the teen stroking the dog's head. Leilani smiled. "Scout, Kook!" Leilani called to her dog, and he barked harshly at the three boys, running away from them and to Leilani's side.

        Topper chuckled. "You actually taught your fucking mutt that?" he said, wearing a preppy shirt that probably cost more than the Twinkie.

        "Of course I did. And he's not a mutt." Leilani lifted up the box and walked across the yard, dropping it on the step before the door. Sarah walked outside from the same door, walking into the box.

        "Leilani, can you move this?" Sarah said with a bitchy tone to her voice, pushing the box aside and walking into her yard.

        Leilani rolled her eyes. "Why can't you? Afraid you're going to break a nail, princess?" she said, walking back across the yard towards her car.