𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳 - 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 — 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑛

ANOTHER AFTERNOON CAME and went, and the sky was darkening as the four rode in Kiara's damaged car through the streets. "Pope, you clocked that car, man. Like, that was so bad!" JJ laughed, high on weed. He sat in the backseat with Leilani, an arm lazily thrown over her shoulders.

        "I'm just glad I'm not driving now." Pope said, a joint in his hand. His words caused JJ to laugh and Leilani to shove away his touch.

        "Pope, pull over! Kie, you're driving." Leilani sat up, her damaged wrist resting in her lap.

        "Read my mind." Kiara said pointedly to Pope, who turned a corner and pulled the car to the side of the road.

        Kie pushed the door open and Leilani turned to her boyfriend. "It's not funny, JJ. He shouldn't be driving." she snapped, JJ's smile fading at the look on her face.

        "Mama's mad," JJ said quietly as Kie walked to the front of the car, rolling her eyes as Pope crawled over the center console instead of getting out and walking around. "Where are we going?" JJ asked once Kie started driving.

        Kie glanced behind her at the couple. "The last place they're gonna look."

        She drove them to the Cameron mansion, looking to talk to Sarah. Kie parked the car in front of the wall the Cameron's had, turning a flashlight on and walking up to it. "You sure this is a good idea?" JJ asked.

        "She's the only one who can clear John B. No one's going to believe me." Leilani said, looking at her swollen wrist that needed to be properly examined.

        Pope walked up to the wall beside Kie. "Last place they'll look because of how stupid it is." the two pulled themselves over the wall, leaving Leilani and JJ in the car. Leilani had said flat-out that if she got near Rafe, she would kill him, so JJ was staying behind to make sure that didn't happen.

        Leilani ran a hand through her dirty, messy curls, exhaling. "I don't feel good." Leilani muttered, pushing her head against the seats of Kie's car.

        JJ turned to look at her, a worried look on his face. "What can I do? Can I do something?" he rumaged around in his backpack, coming up with a bottle of water Leilani had previously placed inside for him.

        She shook her head, drinking some of the water he gave to her. "No. Maybe. I don't know." Leilani breathed shakily, pain forming in her head.