𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 - 𝘨𝘰 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘭𝘥

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝑔𝑜 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑙𝑑

IT WAS DARK out as John B drove the Twinkie to an undisclosed location. JJ and Kiara had switched places, and the blonde boy was sitting beside Leilani. "You mind if I just relax on this one? It's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff's gone down. I'm just gonna lay low," he held his joint in his hand, Leilani shifting her head away from it. "Oh, did you want a hit of this?" JJ asked Pope.

        "I keep the signal clear." Pope said and Leilani smiled.

        "You can kill your own lungs without roping us into it." Leilani said, eyes closed as she leant her head against her seat.

        "Dude, okay. Do you understand that your problem is that you don't get creative. If you got creative, then—" JJ ranted, clearly feeling the effects of the weed.

        John B cut him off. "Look, I—I know I was wrong about the lighthouse, all right? And pretty much wrong about everything else that's been going on. But I—I was right about one thing. Okay? My dad is trying to tell me something." the brunette boy said firmly, arriving at their destination.

        Leilani's eyes widened as she got out of the van. "No, no, no. Not a graveyard." she groaned, wrapping her arms around herself. Leilani was absolutely terrified of horror, and anything at night. JJ thought it was funny.

        "I'll protect you" JJ teased, hand on her shoulder as Pope shut the van door. He handed her a flashlight, strapping a lamp onto his head.

        Leilani shook her head. "How about you guys go, and I'll stay here?" the girl suggested, jumping slightly at the sound of a branch.

        "Do you really want to be alone in a dark graveyard?" Pope pointed out, and Leilani frowned.

        "We good?" John B said, in a hurry to show his friends why he had brought them there.

        Leilani reluctantly nodded, grasping JJ's hand and following John B's lantern through the dark. "John B, what are we doing?" Kie asked, walking behind the brunette.

        "Shut up. You know how you're trying to remember a song and you can't remember who sings it?" John B said, his friends nodding. "So, Redfield. This whole time I thought it was a place, right? But's it's not a place. It's a person." John B raised his lattern at a tall crypt, inscripted with Redfield.

        "Voi-effing-la." JJ commented, Leilani still holding his hand tightly. He never knew that the reason she hated horror movies and driving late at night was because she was scared of the dark. It didn't surprise him though, seeing as she was practically made from the sun.