𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 - 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘯

꧁ - - - - - - ✧ - - - - - - ꧂

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 — 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑏𝑎𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑛

KIARA DROVE THE four friends down the streets of Kildare. Leilani and JJ sat in the back, Leilani's legs resting on JJ's lap with her head resting against the window. They were discussing how to get Gavin, Ward's pilot to confess to Rafe killing Peterkin and Kai. Leilani had done some impressive digging to get Gavin's information. "If this guys flew planes for Ward, he's gotta be pretty tight-lipped." Pope said, seated in front of Leilani.

JJ was loading the gun. "So then direct approach gets my vote." Leilani sat up, taking the gun away from him.

"JJ, no." Pope turned as Leilani put the safety on the weapon, shoving it under her seat.

"We're not using the gun." Leilani said firmly over JJ's protests.

"Guys, we gotta keep this simple, or we'll never get John B off." JJ said, but Leilani ignored him.

"We are not using the gun." she repeated, a knowing look in her brown eyes. JJ didn't realize how much she hated firearms now, but it made sense once he thought about it.

Pope raised his airpods. "We just tickle the wire."

"What?" Kie asked, driving.

"We tickle the wire. I plant my phone in his car, and then we listen in on your airpods," he put the phone out towards Leilani. "Say something." he prompted, having her test it all out because it was her who made the plan possible.

"Pepehi iā ʻoe iho," Leilani said, wincing as her words were repeated on Pope's phone. "You should probably delete that." she laid back against the window.

"What did you say?" JJ questioned with a smile, hands rolling over her covered legs.

Leilani brushed him off and Pope deleted the audio clip. "Okay, we have audio," Kie drove up to Gavin's home. "I think that's his house over there. All right. Honk, or, uh... or yell or something if you see anything suspicious." Pope unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Don't do anything dangerous." Kie said.

"Come on. I'm not JJ." Pope said, opening the car door.

"Funny, Pope. Love third-wheeling. It's my favorite thing." JJ said, Leilani looking at him with furrowed brows.

"How is it third-wheeling if I'm here?" she questioned, but JJ didn't know the answer. Leilani pushed her head down until she was resting on the seat, her knees bent over JJ's lap. "I'm so tired." she said with her eyes closed, sprawled put dramatically across the backseat.