𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦 - 𝘩𝘰𝘵

꧁ - - - - - - ✧ - - - - - - ꧂

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞ℎ𝑜𝑡

IT HAD BEEN an excruciatingly long and painful day at home with Rachel for Leilani. Rachel had no idea that Leilani knew about the poisoning, and she was still spiking her drinks and food with it, as well as spraying it on her clothes. It was awful for Leilani, but she had to keep the act up. After finishing a cup of spiked tea in the kitchen under Rachel's watchful eye, Leilani emptied the contents of her stomach in her bathroom.

        She sighed in annoyance, flushing the toilet and washing her hands and rinsing out her mouth. Leilani was tired of sitting around and waiting for news, so she decided to go to KMR. She spent some time training Sunny and Rosie, and went around to every animal in the facility, spending time with them and other employees. It refreshed her so much, but something was still missing.

        Someone was still missing.

        Leilani put her phone on speaker after dialing JJ's number, driving towards his house. "Hey, baby." Leilani could pracitically hear the smile in her boyfriend's voice.

        "Hey. Are you home?" Leilani asked, driving into the Cut.

        "Yeah, I just visited John B. Do you want to come over?" JJ cleaned up his room quickly while he spoke.

        Leilani smiled. "I'm almost there. I love you."

        "I love you. Drive safe." JJ said and Leilani hung up, pulling into his yard a few minutes later.

        She got out of her car and walked into JJ's porch, opening the front door carefully. Leilani knew Luke and had been arrested, and she knew it was a weight off of JJ's shoulders. "J! Where are you?" Leilani dropped her bag onto the couch, walking through the house.

JJ walked out of his bedroom, a white shirt clinging to his chest and a pair of jeans on his lower half, wearing a hat backwards on his head. "Hey, you." the corners of his lips turned up into a smile and Leilani walked up to him.

She reached up and fixed his blonde hair, her hands settling around the back of his neck. "You fell off the face of the Earth for a hot minute there." JJ pulled Leilani flush against him by her waist as she spoke.

"I went to visit John B. Just got back." JJ said, his fingers playing with the belt loops on Leilani's shorts.

"Yeah, how's your 'master plan' going?" Leilani questioned, adjusting JJ's necklace.

JJ shrugged. "Phase two starts later," he said simply. He didn't want Leilani to know too many details about what he was going to do in case the plan went sideways. "What've you been doing?" JJ kissed Leilani's jawline.