𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 - 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 — 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑

THEY WERE RUNNING through parts of Kildare Island they had never seen before. Leilani trailed just a tad behind John B, her chest burning. John B kept looking over their shoulders to make sure they weren't being chased. The one time Leilani did too, she didn't see a car coming down the road and tumbled over the hood behind John B, her wrist landing beneath her body on the dirt road.

        "Oh, shit." Leilani panted, pushing herself onto her back, looking at the odd shape her wrist was beant into.

        "Come on, come on." John B said, standing up and tugging Leilani to her feet. Both of them were limping from the impact as they ignored the shouts of the driver and continued running.

        Leilani's hair was falling into her face but she couldn't fix it. Her shoelaces were coming untied, but she couldn't stop. Leilani's clothes, her shoes, her legs, her face, her hair, her hands, her skin, it was all covered in her father's blood. Tears stuck to her face, eyelids red and brown eyes dim. John B begged her to keep running, to keep going.

        So she did.

        They found their way to the junkyard, walking to their friends. Pope was facing them, and his eyes widened as he saw their states. Then Kie and JJ turned, and JJ immediately rushed over. "Leils! Leils, what happened?" JJ questioned quickly, moving to his girlfriend.

        "Oh, my God! John B!" Kiara cried out, following JJ over. She gasped when she saw the blood on Leilani. The brunette had never seen so much blood before.

        Leilani lowered herself to her knees, staring ahead at nothing. JJ squatted before her, his hands on her shoulders. "Lani, is this your blood? Is it yours?" the blonde asked, inspecting her skin.

She pushed JJ away and lurched forward, emptying the contents of her stomach while JJ held back her hair. Leilani coughed once she was done, leaking back on her heels. "Whose blood is that?" Kie picked up one of John B's hands, Peterkin's blood covering him.

        But John B didn't answer, and Leilani was struggling to even breathe. "He shot him, J." Leilani whispered, making eye contact with her boyfriend for the first time.

        JJ glanced at Pope, he and Kie trying to get answers out of John B. "Who shot who?" JJ asked quickly.

        "Rafe. Rafe shot my dad." Kie, Pope and JJ all froze at Leilani's words. Before they could react, a police siren came near them, and Leilani and John B rushed to find a place to hide, their friends following.