𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦 - 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮𝘴

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑠 𝑖𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑚𝑠

WAKING UP IN a pair of strong arms, Leilani rolled over to discover that she was being held by JJ, who was fast asleep. By the sun streaming through her window, Leilani could tell that it wasn't too late, but she had definitely missed her window for surfing. Leilani didn't care at all, because JJ Maybank was in her bed. Smiling, the Polynesian girl ran her hand lightly through JJ's hair. She grabbed her glasses and placed them behind her ears, a clear view of JJ appearing beyond the lenses.

A few minutes later, JJ's oceanic blue eyes fluttered open, finding the warmth of Leilani's brown eyes. The corners of his mouth lifted into a soft smile, the beginnings of his dimples appearing. "Hey." JJ said, pulling Leilani closer by her waist.

"Hey. How do you feel?" Leilani asked, one of her legs raising and landing on JJ's, drawing him closer.

JJ shrugged. "I'm okay. Really glad I'm right here." his voice was rough and scratchy from just waking up.

Leilani smiled, reaching up to fix her messy hair. "Your face looks much better." she noted, eyeing the diminishing bruise on JJ's cheek.

He didn't say anything and instead just looked at his girlfriend. She was so pretty, and she was his. "You're really beautiful, Lani, you know?" Leilani recognized a new nickname, the last four letters of her name. She liked it.

A tint traveled across Leilani's face, her own dimples exposing themselves. "You've told me from time to time." one of her hands ran through JJ's hair, getting it out of his face so she could clearly see his gorgeous face.

"But you're perfect. Nobody else notices it, and I'm glad, because you're my girl, but I think you need to notice it." JJ's hand was under Leilani's crew neck, encasing the small of her back with his cold rings sending shivers through her body.

Leilani chuckled. "Why are you so sappy? I'm not complaining, just confused." the girl reached up and straightened the shark tooth necklace on JJ's neck.

JJ shrugged, kissing the skin of Leilani's neck, a breath leaving her mouth. "I don't know. Just thinking about everything." he continued to kiss Leilani's jaw and neck, and she had a feeling she would succumb to his touch if she didn't stop it then.

Leilani checked the time, seeing that they had to go to the Chateau soon. She pulled her body out of JJ's grip, throwing the blankets off of them. "Pope and I have to set up the well system." Leilani explained, moving across JJ's body, her feet hitting the solid floor of her room. Scout was asleep in his bed, and Leilani knelt to pet his head and grab some clothes.