𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦 - 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑔ℎ 𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒

THE NEXT MORNING, Leilani woke up to JJ knocking on her window. It wasn't a horrible way to wake up, but it was a surprise. Leilani rolled out her bed, shoving on her glasses as she knelt on her window seat, opening the window for JJ to crawl inside. "Can I ask what the fuck you're doing at my second floor window?" Leilani asked, seeing the HMS Pogue in the distance with her friends on it.

JJ had never been in her room before. "I didn't think you'd be sleeping. Didn't you go to the break this morning?" JJ asked, watching as the girl made her bed quickly, embarrassed for JJ to see her in a such a weird state.

"Yeah, and then I went back to sleep," Leilani said simply, gathering a bikini and some clothes. "Get out, I'll be at the boat in a few minutes." JJ awkwardly nodded, climbing out of the window as Leilani closed the door to her bathroom, changing and putting her contacts in.

She finished getting herself ready, pulling her long hair up into a bun, a variety of bracelets and necklaces on her skin. Leilani quickly grabbed her backpack and walked down the stairs, where her family was lounging around the kitchen and living room. "It's about time you woke up." Rachel sighed, grabbing her purse.

"Were you waiting for me?" she asked, confused as she grabbed an apple. Rachel, Caitlin, Bryce and Kai were all dressed for more than just a day of summer and work.

"We have family therapy." Bryce said, his head on the countertop as he spoke.

Leilani turned to her father. "Excuse me?" Leilani bit into her apple, petting Scout when the dog came over to her.

Kai sighed. "Rachel, Chris, Cait and Bryce always go to therapy once a week, but they want us to go this time." Chris was Rachel's ex-husband, and he was a really nice guy from the few interactions Leilani had had with him. He was always so involved with Cait and Bryce, even though Rachel was trying to unfairly trying to revoke his rights.

"Why do I need to go?" Leilani asked, throwing away her apple core and filling her bag with waters from the refrigerator.

"Why do I need to go? Dad and I have a great relationship." Bryce frowned, pushing his curly hair away from his face.

"You both need to go. We can all bond." Rachel said firmly and Leilani rolled her eyes.

"Well, I have plans, and Chris and I don't really need to bond." Leilani said. Kai ignored Rachel's stare at him, knowing he couldn't convince Leilani when there really was no reason for her to go.