8

The answer is no.  As soon as Pat met Pran in class,  He wanted to embrace Pran.  Pran glanced at him with sorrow in his eyes.  Pat could not stand it.  The decision to ignore his fate changed.  Pat needed to be with Pran.  Pat needed Pran to be in his life.  Pat wanted to be close to Pran. 

Pran however started ignoring Pat. They weren't in sync at all.  When Pran wanted pat.  Pat seemed to be engaged with something else.  When Pat wanted Pran Pran seemed to not get the signal and ignored Pat. 

Weeks passed without them exchanging a single sentence.  Pat was emotionally weak and Pran was being sentimental.

Friends are friends.  They understood something happened so they kept inquiring about what happened. 

"pat!  Just say it, dude... Who will listen to you if we don't?  Just share it with us.  You'll feel lighter" Pat smiled at them and shook his head.

"nothing happened. " Korn squinted his eyes and guessed. He was always good at guessing.

"is it about Pran? " Pat stiffened and looked around him.  As if trying to find Pran.

"so it is about him" Pat sighed and looked around once again.  This time he made eye contact with a special person.  Ink...

"shut up... I'm just not feeling too great.  I'll go greet Ink" Pat jumped out of his seat and walked to Ink.  Ink was buying an iced coffee and smiled as soon as she saw Pat coming.

"you look like shit today Pat.  What happened? "

"Wow, thanks.  And you look beautiful" Ink laughed and sat at a nearby bench.  Pat followed her and looked around. 

"ink...  I have a confession to make... " ink encouraged him to keep going by raising her eyebrows. 

"I've...  Liked you for a long time. " ink smiled and looked around awkwardly.

"Why did that feel like something you needed to get off your chest and not a love confession? " Pat smiled and looked around awkwardly as well.

"was it that obvious"

"of course.  Now tell me who you like.  I'm ready to take a couple of pics" Ink wrapped her arm around Pat's shoulder and sipped on her coffee.

"pran... "

"huh? "

"pran...  Is my fated mate... "

A silence.  Ink was too shocked to say anything and Pat looked shocked because he said the truth. 

"What?! "

"I'm just joking...  He is my enemy.  How can we-"

"Actually...  I knew it already...  Sorry," Ink looked down at her drink and then at Pat.

"the day you went into a rut...  Pran took you inside a classroom...  I was watching from outside the classroom as he took you there.  The whole university was gossiping about you going into a rut so carelessly.  I thought maybe I could help you as well because I'm also an alpha...  Then I heard you two...  Having... And...  I heard something about fated mates....... " Pat sighed and looked down at his fingers.  Ink removed her arm from pat and looked down as well.

"2 alphas being fates is very rare... I've never seen anything like this but...  I'm glad you have a fated mate Pat... I guessed you and Pran wanted to keep it a secret watching how you avoid each other. "

"I... " Pat wanted to say something but nothing came out.

"I don't have a fated mate and I don't even want one but if I had one I would never ignore them, Pat... Take my advice and love him as much as you can and as long as you can.  Life is short...  Although fated mates love each other in every universe. " Pat sighed and stood up from the bench.

"you are right ink...  I'll...  Go find Pran." he wasn't going to find Pran.  He just needed to stop listening to ink.  Ink was right and he hated it.

It's good that it's only Ink who knows about them.  He wanted to talk to Pran but he wasn't sure what to say and what he wanted. 

It was the same with Pran.  He wanted pat.  He wanted Pat to come to him and ask him to love him but what about Pat?  Pat lied about being an alpha.  People will start doubting him.  What if they find out that Pat is an omega?  What if Pat doesn't even like men?  What if he gets Pat pregnant?  What excuse do they have?  What will society say and how many lies do they have to tell?