45

Everything was going smoothly.  Pat was nearing the time of his delivery.  Only 1 month left.  Pat woke up and saw Pran already awake. He was sweating. Pran got startled and jumped out of bed.

"Oh, you are awake..." Pat smiled at him and slowly sat up. They both took maternal leave from their offices. Pran's office didn’t want to give him the leave but Pran threatened them he would quit.

"I... Can I go to my parent's house for 2 days?" Pat shook his head no and slowly stood up. Pran stopped him from coming near him.

"Don't pat... I need to go home today. Just tell me you will be Alright without me." Pat frowned and stared at Pran. He was confused. Why does Pran want to go there? If he misses his parents he can just ask them to visit. Then he noticed the way Pran was breathing. It wasn’t normal.

"Are you in a rut?" pran slowly nodded his head.

"I Don't wanna hurt you, Pat."

"We can do it though-"

"You know It's not normal sex... I might hurt you and the baby... Please... Let me go home na? I'll be back soon" Pran took his essentials and left without biding Pat's mom goodbye. Pat's mom was shocked at Pran's behaviour and went to ask Pat what happened.

"What happened? Does he have any urgent work? " Pat shook his head and sat down on the bed slowly. He breathed out. Standing was getting harder. He is so over being pregnant. Can this baby just come out?

"He is in a rut. He didn’t want to hurt me so he left to go home"

"Alone?! He is gonna drive alone like that?! You know It's illegal to do that!" Pat nodded his head.

"It's not that far. It's just a 10-minute drive with traffic. He will be home in no time" Pat laid back down and heard his mother lecture him about how he should move his body so the baby could get into the right position. What bullshit. Baby kicks him every time he moves. Pran freaks out when he feels the baby kick. Sometimes the baby kicks in some sensitive places and it hurts Pat. Pran gets so worried. Once Pat Couldn't sleep and kept moaning because the baby couldn’t stop kicking. Pran stayed up the whole night with him and tried to soothe the unborn baby. He was singing lullabies to it. Pran will be a good father or at least that's what Pat thinks. If he Isn't a good father then Pat will teach him how to be one because Pat knows he will be a good father.

"Get your ass up and go clean up" Pat got up lazily holding his belly. It's bigger than his whole body.

"Can we just get h- it out?" Pat's mom smiled and caressed her son's head.

"Are you tired?" Pat nodded.

"I can't wait for it to be out of me. I will never have a baby fever ever. I Don't want any more. I wanna stay fit and work out the whole day" Pat got inside the bathroom to brush his teeth. His mom still talked to him from the bedroom.

"I told you to do yoga. You said you are too lazy"

"Of course I am mother! Did you do yoga when you had me?" she smirked even though Pat couldn't see.

"Why do you think you are a workout freak? When you were in my belly I used to spend an hour and a half on yoga. But both you and your husband are lazy! You guys could never!" Pat laughed at his mother trying to be relatable. She tried talking like how Pat talks to Pran.

"He is not my husband yet."

"He will be soon. He is a gentleman... He will give you that ring and dowry..." Pat smiled.

"He saves a lot of money... Maybe he is saving up for the wedding" He mumbled to himself.

Pran called him after calming down in his room.  Pat picked it up and heard his mate in rut huffing and puffing. 

"Are you okay? " pran nodded as if Pat would see it. 

"hmm... Yeah"

"can I help you with anything? " Pat was worried for Pran.  It's been years since he spent his rut alone.  Even when he was in Singapore he came to pat before his rut.  Pran knew his rut was coming but didn't want Pat to stay alone so he stayed with Pat as long as he could. 

"fuck this rut and heat.  I wish I was a beta. " Pat smiled and shook his head fondly.

"no...  I'm glad you are an alpha.  I won't let you live your life feeling you should've been something else. " pran sighed and let Pat talk.  Hearing Pat's sweet voice was calming him down slowly. 

"Did you take medicine? " pran hummed and stared at Pat's window. It was closed and dusty. 

"Baby will be here soon. " Pat smiled and felt a fear rush inside of him.

"I'm scared... Omega's can't give birth naturally...  So we need a c-section.  They are gonna cut my belly open...  What if I die pran?" pran groaned and sat up despite feeling his body hurt.

"if you keep talking about stuff like this I'll faint Pat" Pat giggled.  Pran was more scared than him.

"Are you gonna faint when it's time for delivery? " pran didn't hesitate to answer.

"yes." Pat laughed loudly and heard his mom asking if everything was alright.  His mom is walking on eggshells sometimes.  She says she can feel the day coming faster. She is nervous as well.

"come back as soon as you are okay pran...  It feels empty without you here..."

"I will...  If you feel lonely go talk to your mom"

"hmm...  I feel like I still don't know how to talk to her...  Every topic ends up with Mom talking about Dad...  Which I hate...  He is avoiding me like a plague...  But I can't avoid him" Pran never knows how to comfort Pat when he talks about his dad.