47

"I didn't mean it like that!  I said I don't wanna have sex because our baby is gonna be with us while we...  It's weird"

"same thing"

"no! "

"Okay sorry. " pran sighed and lay his head on Pat's lap. He faced the bump and talked to his baby.

"only 3 days left.  I can't wait to hold you in my arms baby" Pat caressed Pran's hair and smiled at the sight in front of him. He could tell Pran loved his baby a lot.  But he also could feel that Pran doesn't feel connected to it yet. But he will connect with it once it is here.  They will create a strong bond. 

"love you baby" Pat smiled wider.  Pran got up and glanced at the luggage beside the couch.

"aren't you nervous? "

"I'm excited. I can't wait to hold h- it in my arms" Pran stared at Pat blankly.

"I feel like fainting whenever I imagine the pain you will go through"

"It's not that hard.  Our moms did that. "

"females have a higher pain tolerance-"

"I don't wanna hear it" Pat got up and stood in front of Pran. Pran understood the fear inside Pat. And realized he should've stayed quiet about the pain.

The day came by faster. Pran drove Pat to the hospital where both of his family were waiting.  He saw Pat's assistant there and rolled his eyes. 

"I don't wanna be lectured" Pat heard Pran mumble and asked if anything was wrong but Pran just shook his head.  Pat doesn't know about the reality checks Pran has been getting from his assistant. 

Pat had to get ready.  He had to wear a hospital gown. They were surrounded by nurses as Pat was walking inside the operating room.

"you can't take any accessories.  Take your ring off" the nurse said making everyone stunned.  The nurse thought Patpran was married.  Pran awkwardly smiled and Pat showed his hands.

"no rings krab. " Pat laughed and bid goodbye to everyone.  Pat held Pran's hands and kissed his lips deeply.  They never do PDA in front of family but today was different.

"please don't be scared, Pat.  I'm here. Our baby will come here safe and you will be safe as well" Pat nodded his head to Pran and pressed his forehead against his.

"please don't be scared pran.  I know you are more worried than I am.  I am strong enough to give birth.  And I will... " Pran nodded and Pat walked inside the operating room with the help of the nurse. 

As soon as the operation started pran fainted. He woke up after sprinkling a lot of water on his face.  Everyone panicked when he fainted. Pran sat up. Everyone looked worried around him.

"what happened?  Oh, Pat! " pran tried to stand up and looked at the operation room.  Pa held his hand up and made him sit back down.

"p'pran.  Take some rest.  You are panicking. Hia will be okay na?" pran nodded his head and leaned on his father's shoulder.

"you can't be that faint-hearted pran. " pran groaned hearing his father tease him. 

"pho.  I'm just really scared. " pran fainted after 10 minutes.  He woke up and saw Pat's assistant giving him an annoyed look. Pran ignored him and went to drink some water.  Pran thought he was getting away from that old man but he followed Pran.

Pran bought a water bottle and sat on a chair to drink it.  Somebody sat beside him but he didn't notice who it was.

"Mr Parakul." pran got startled and spilled water on his shirt.

"fuck!  What is wrong with you?  I'll ask Pat to fire you! " pran got busy trying to wipe this shirt and sent death glares to him.

"hmm...  You can do that...  I won't mind. "

"what the fuck is wrong with you?  And why are you here?" pran was about to punch that guy in the face but softened when he looked up at Pran.

"I told you I'm a nobody...  But I'm that someone who held pat first. " pran calmed down and looked confused. He sat back down.

"Huh? Didn’t Pat's dad hold him first? He cut the cord and he was really excited about him-"

"Are you good at keeping secrets?" pran got confused again.

"Huh?"

"I said are you good at keeping secrets?" pran nodded slowly. The assistant sighed and looked straight ahead of him.

"I used to work for Pat's father when he was born. His father was too busy to come to the hospital and sent me to keep him updated on the situation here. I was a normal office worker. I thought of it as a normal task. Pat's mother was all alone and a doctor cut the cord. Not his father. He didn’t even know Pat was here. A nurse came out and called out for his family but no one was there so I lied and said he was my son. I held him and he was so small... I was 24 years old and... Holding a baby this small was nerve-wracking. I called Pat's father and told him that his boy was very beautiful. He Didn't sound too excited. It was almost as if I was watching the future of this baby. I knew he would be unhappy with his father and his father would be absent on an important day in his life... Like today..." pran sighed and secretly wiped his tears.