29

Pat woke up feeling giddy.  It was finally Christmas morning.  He turned around and stretched his body and realised it was his first Christmas alone.  Although it's not a holiday they celebrate. But a holiday is still a holiday.  He opened his nightstand drawer and took the diary Pran gifted him. He only tried to write good things there because Pran would read them someday.  He doesn't want Pran to be sad.  So he doesn't write any sad thoughts.

Dear Pran, 
I miss you like crazy. It's Christmas.  If you were here we would've probably spent the whole day in bed. I would've given you breakfast in bed.  I would've made love to you all day. But you are spending your day with your blondie max.  Honestly... I'm not jealous of Max...  You are my fated mate and even if he wanted you he can't have you.  You will always be mine.  I guess our connection makes me so strong.  Or else I would've been so jealous and insecure.  Man...  I wish you were here...  I love you so much it hurts.

Pat stopped writing and closed the diary.   It doesn't feel right to be sad today.  It's his holiday.  He got one after so many months.  Handling a company is like fighting a war nonstop.  Employees act stupid sometimes.  But you gotta handle it.  Pat feels scared sometimes.  Scared that if his employees knew he was an omega maybe they wouldn't listen to him as much. They stand up as soon as he enters the room but will they do it if he wasn't "alpha"?  He feels envious of Pran.  Pran is in Singapore doing just fine.  But Pat won't even get his father's permission to go outside of the country without pran because it's "dangerous".  He is a bird stuck inside a cage whenever he is an omega.  But when he pretends to be an alpha he is free up in the sky. 

Will his friends...  Or Pran ever understand this?  Maybe Pran will but he will never be able to understand unless he feels it. Pran may pretend to not see Pat as an omega but Pran is constantly thinking about Pat's safety and health. But at least Pran pretends like Pat isn't an omega...  It makes Pat forget he is an omega sometimes...  But when the heat comes...  He gets reminded of how weak and helpless he is without an alpha by his side. 

Pat finished his morning routine and went inside his kitchen to prepare some breakfast.  He was gonna buy takeout for the rest of the day because there would be a lot of discounts today.  He was making pancakes when something in the living room fell.  He stopped for a moment before telling his mind it was nothing.  Something probably got knocked out because of the wind. 

There was another sound near the kitchen.  Pat didn't dare to move.  He was really scared of ghosts and there was no more explanation than that.  Pat turned the stove off and held his spatula tightly.  He can't hit a ghost but maybe it will help him somehow. 

Pat could really feel a presence behind him and a smell very similar to Pran.  Maybe the ghost was trying to trick him.  The more closer it got the more it smelled like pran.  Pat held his breath and closed his eyes.  He doesn't want to die like that. He hasn't gotten married yet.  He wants to give birth to a child.  He hasn't done that yet.  He hasn't done a world tour with Pran yet. 

Pat made up his mind to turn around and smack the ghost in its head.  How dare it smell like his dear pran.  Pat didn't waste any time.  He turned around with closed eyes and smacked the spatula in the ghost's head. 

"AHHHHHHHHH" Pat screamed as well as the ghost.  Pat opened his eyes to see Pran holding his head and pouting. 

"PRAN? " Pat screamed again and dropped the spatula out of his hand.  He quickly hugged Pran and kissed his forehead.  Pran sat on the ground in pain but laughing.  Pat started laughing as well.

"That's a very new way to welcome your boyfriend" Pran let Pat soothe his head.  Pat kissed the wound and hugged Pran close to his chest. 

"I'm sorry.  I thought there was a ghost.  You know I hate ghosts. " pran laughed harder and hugged Pat tightly.

"you can't smack a ghost in its head pat.  " Pat nodded his head and pouted. 

"What a surprise pran.  When did you come back?  I didn't hear the door open... "

"I came when you were in the shower.  I was thinking about how to surprise you.  I was more surprised. " pran couldn't stop laughing.  It was too funny. His head was throbbing from getting hit. 

"welcome home dear" Pat smiled and stood up to pull Pran up with him.

"what are you making?  I'm hungry" Pat got busy plating pancakes for Pran while Pran admired his boyfriend. 

"Fresh out of heat huh? " Pat nodded with a blush and put the plates on the kitchen counter.  Pran took one and started eating without bothering to sit.

"was it hard?  Spending it alone? " Pat nodded again. Pran frowned.

"why aren't you saying anything, honey? " Pat blushed.  It was clear that Pat was blushing.  Pat stood up without answering and gave Pran some strawberries to eat.

"what?  Aren't you gonna talk Pat? " Pat smiled and blushed again.

"I don't know why I feel so shy...  After sending you all those...  Nudes it feels... I feel shy" Pran blushed as well.

"so what?  We have been through thick and thin." Pat hummed and finished his breakfast.  Pran took his time to finish it.  Pran tried to start a conversation again.

"I took some days off because my rut is coming." Pat looked back at Pran with wide eyes and nodded again.

"Yours would've come 2 months ago if you were with me on my heat." Pat continued moving around the kitchen and doing his work.

"Yeah. Sucks to be me... I had to watch you go through that on video call"