Chapter 1: The Miracle of the Extraordinary Privilege (Part 3)

Completely unaware of this deep inner sadness, Krishna Chandra went on with his daily routine.

Similarly, twenty-six months passed.

Then one day the young aacharya reached the palace to take classes, as usual, he found Keshava Kumara there with a boy of his age, engaged in child sports. This was Trilochana Kumara, a prince of the neighboring kingdom and a friend of Keshava.

Krishna Chandra stopped there and started enjoying the children's game. As momentarily as the prince realized the presence of his aacharya, he immediately stopped the game and asked Trilochana Kumara to leave.

Trilochana Kumara first bowed to aacharya and then asked permission to say something. Krishna Chandra gave his consent.

"Aacharya, can I also take education from you with friend Keshava today? Keshava always says that his aacharya is the best; please give me a chance to be called your shishya for a day. My conscience is very eager to study from you." Trilochana Kumara, showing great curiosity, politely asked for permission by saying it all in one breath.

The young aacharya saw the same curiosity for knowledge on the face of that new child as he often saw on Keshava Kumara's face. That's why he didn't refuse the polite request of Trilochana Kumara.

Today's topic was interesting due to which the class became more enjoyable than before. Krishna Chandra took great pleasure in teaching both.

Trilochana Kumara was happy. Keshava Kumara was most happy to see the authenticity of his statement on his friend's face.

After lunch, Krishna Chandra returned home. A few moments had passed but he was still in great joy.

"I have a smile on my lips and a lot of pleasure in my mind too. What...what is happening with me?... Why do I feel like, I have found happiness after years?" Krishna Chandra asked himself while changing his clothes.

"It's good to be happy but... why am I happy? If I am happy today, have I been sad for all these years? What has happened to me? How... how are all these thoughts roaming around so fast in my mind? Have I consumed any intoxicant?" Thinking Krishna Chandra started smelling his hands and clothes.

"Probably my condition is because of intoxication...no smell, there is no intoxicating odor. Am I losing my mental balance? But how is this even possible? My age is only twenty-five years, as well as being young, I am completely healthy." Krishna Chandra said, looking at his biceps.

"There is no trouble or calamity in my life, then how?... No-no, my mental condition is absolutely fine. Must have eaten something unusual, but what and when? Apart from the palace, I haven't even gone anywhere today, then how?... Oh no, oh, God! Some enemy has mixed poison in the food of the palace. Oh God! Please, if my condition is like this then what would be happening to those innocent children? Oh! Keshava-Trilochana, why did you have lunch with me today!"

Shakuntala Devi noticed that her son had returned home from work. She was just about to enter the room with water for her son when Krishna Chandra came out quickly and ran straight toward the palace.

The concerned mother went after him calling out 'Kishu-Kishu', but the son neither answered nor looked back.

Krishna Chandra kept running. His feet stopped only after entered the palace.

"How...how is Prince Keshava now... and Trilochana...?"

As momentarily as he asked this, the gatekeeper was shocked.

"What happened aacharya? Why... why are you looking so scared?" The gatekeeper asked him back.

"All that later, first tell me that Keshava is fine now? Please tell me that he is okay?"