Chapter 23: The Real Reason (Part 2)

"Okay, I understand," Swaraa said giving up.

"Hey, it's not ending yet, the sutras are still remaining. Listen further, if the person preparing food has self-guilt in his mind or if his mind is restless due to any reason, then the power of food becomes zero. The meaning is that we are eating nutritious food to say, but there is no nutrition in that food. Due to which the stomach of the person who eats such food is filled, but the person's body does not get any benefit." Batuk told his puzzled wife the new formula.

Hearing so, Swaraa panicked and left the vessel with flour, because her mind was restless, she was cursing herself, and her mind was also sad.

Swaraa wanted to fill his tired body with energy by feeding food to her husband who had returned from a long trip, but if the food cooked by her would not provide nutrition, then from where would her husband's body get energy? Thinking all that, Swaraa gave up her feminist idea of cooking and made up her mind to allow Batuk to be the food.

A woman was planning to allow a man to cook food in her presence.

The cultured wife of Aryavarta was thinking of allowing her husband to cook food in her presence, leaving behind her rituals and understanding the importance of the right thing.

Batuk understood that Swaraa did not have bad words in her mind. Swaraa was a victim of self-loathing, which she had talked about a little while back.

"From now onwards everything is going to be good in our lives so now I want that we always have good food," Batuk spoke.

By persuading something like that, Batuk was successful in getting Swaraa away from the stove.

Batuk immediately started cooking. He was very happy and was cooking food while humming.

Swaraa, who was sitting a little distance from Batuk, was finding that scene very enticing. She was feeling great love for her husband that day.

Swaraa realized that it was the same love that she had felt in her childhood. When her little neighbor Batuk was going to Gurukul, she went berserk with tears. Why did she cry then, she understood that day itself. She was feeling the pain of that cry even on that day.

She understood today that love can happen even at the age of six.

"People say rightly, love is not dependent on caste, religion, color, status, or age." All of a sudden came out of Swaraa's mouth.

When Batuk heard it, Swaraa hid her face.

Batuk looked at Swaraa in surprise for some time. He smiled and indulged in his work again.

Ashamed of her stupid behavior, Swaraa sat with her face hidden and her mind took her to the past.

Little Swaraa kept waiting for Batuk for many days, but Batuk did not come.

When nothing worked for little Swaraa, she named her doll Batuk. Now she started living with doll Batuk all the time. She talked to doll Batuk throughout the day, played with him, ate, and even went for walks.

That doll Batuk turned out to be much better than the previous Batuk. It didn't even fight and didn't cry either. It didn't even leave the game. It was so good that it did not even go to his home, leaving the game midway was an impossible thing.

Little Swaraa and doll Batuk made their world in a room and would be with each other all the time.

Then one day the world of little Swaraa also left her. Little Swaraa's father got a job in the king's court. So he had to leave the village and go to the city.

Sitting in the bullock cart with doll Batuk in her hand, little Swaraa promised doll Batuk that we would definitely return to our world once again. She wiped the tears of doll Batuk and hugged him to her chest. Encouraging doll Batuk, now she was taking leave while constantly looking at the real Batuk's house with her tearful eyes.

Doll Batuk remained small but Swaraa became a young girl. Yet there was no difference in their love and affection. When the family members came to know that their little doll had now become a girl, they talked about her marriage.

When some guests left the house, Swaraa came to know that they had come to see her. She clearly told her parents that she was already married.

The parents got scared hearing so. All kinds of apprehensions started coming into their mind. They saw a bleak future for their other daughters and sons.

Swaraa's father burst into tears when he realized that he would be greatly insulted in society. But in no time those tears turned into love when he asked Swaraa about her husband. Father got emotional seeing Swaraa's pure love. He lovingly stroked Swaraa's head.

"Putari, Batuk is still in Gurukul, but don't worry. His Pitaashiri is a close friend of your Pitaashiri. I am sure he will not forbid the actual marriage of both of you." Swaraa's father said with great pleasure.

Swaraa became very happy to hear so. She felt like dancing. What was that feeling she didn't know? The same feeling was troubling Batuk on the mound.

Yes, it was Swaraa who used to remember Batuk. It was Swaraa who was eagerly waiting for his arrival.

What was this feeling Swaraa did not know? But she used to be intoxicated by this feeling all the time.

Swaraa didn't even know when she started blushing with doll Batuk. She started looking at him secretly. She asked her father to get a new bed installed in her room because he felt ashamed of letting doll Batuk sleep with him.

At the same time, friends sitting on a distant hillock were joking with each other waiting for the harvesting time. Suddenly the mention of Swaraagini came out of Batuk's mouth.

"Swaraagini...Batuk, who is she?" Rasik asked.

Batuk himself was surprised at how he too remembered Swaraagini that day.

"She lived in the house next door to us...was my childhood friend," Batuk spoke.

Vardaan 1...The Ultimate Boonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें