Chapter 6: Caste Expulsion (Part 1)

A few days later...

Eleven great Brahmins, the chairman, Beli Rama, Krishna Chandra, Kumari Rukmini's pitaa, and prominent people from Kumari Rukmini's community gathered in the Brahmin Bhawana.

Brahmin Bhawana was a special building. It was the Brahmin Parliament of the Kumara kingdom. For the entire Brahmin community of Kumara Kingdom, all rules and regulations were passed in that building. The Chairman and eleven great Brahmins were known as rule makers. The meetings of the chairman and eleven great Brahmins were known as Brahmin Sabhas.

Usually only top Brahmin can join the Brahmin Sabhas. But today there were also non-Brahmin present in the Brahmin Sabha.

There were four types of seating arrangements in Brahmin Bhawana.

A chair was placed in the center near the east wall of Brahmin Bhawana for the chairman. On the right side of the chairman, there were eleven chairs placed for great Brahmins. On the left hand of the chairman, there were two types of seating arrangements. One place for a few people was known as Yachnasthla and the second place for more people was named Sehmatakhanda.

As Brahmin Bhavana was a Brahmin Parliament, there were many times when Brahmin people came with demands and requests.

Whenever a petitioner joined Brahmin Sabha he had to sit in Yachnasthla. Yachnasthla was a place to plead. Whoever joined the Brahmin Sabha in support of that petitioner had to sit in Sehmatakhanda. Sehmatakhanda was the place for whom those agreed with the petitioner and came to help his cause.

There was a fifth place to sit named Vishamsthana that was behind the Sehmatakhanda, but there were no chairs at all. Vishamsthana was the place for non-Brahmins.

As Brahmin considered themselves as kids of Lord Brahma, they believed no one could sit along with them.

That rule was not just for Neechs. That rule also applied to the king.

As Brahmin were the teachers of kings, it was easy to create fear in the minds of kings about God and also God's sons.

That is why not even the king dared to challenge the seating arrangement of having no chairs. Kshatriya and kings always kept pleading to God that God never gave them the misfortune to join Brahmin Sabha so that they could save their pride by not sitting on the ground in front of Brahmins.

Everybody was sitting as per the rules. The chairman and great Brahmins were on their seats. Beli Rama and Krishna Chandra were sitting at Yachnasthla. No one was at Sehmatakhanda and Neechs were comfortably sitting on the ground at Vishamsthana.

It was normal for the Neech people to sit on the ground after being insulted.

The people of the Neech community were terrorized. Those Achhoots knew that they had committed some sort of crime. But they were completely unaware of that crime. The Achhoots were mentally preparing themselves to be punished for an unintentional mistake.

That was also very common for the Achhoots.

When everyone became comfortable in the Brahmin Sabha, the chairman signaled to Beli Rama. So he got up from his place and told the chairman his wish.

Hearing that wish, all the Achhoots were astonished and ten great Brahmins got angry. They started screaming in anger. The Achhoots immediately understood that many of them would be killed today.

The unwanted and premature death was also routine stuff for Neechs.

The astonished Chairman looked for a while into Beli Rama's eyes and then stood up to pacify everyone.

"Don't forget that this is a Brahmin Sabha, not a local Chaupal (roadside discussion place of common people), where all of you can behave in such an abusive manner without any restriction. Is my job as the chairman now to teach etiquette to you people? Will I have to teach the rules of the Brahmin Sabha to you great Brahmins too?" The Chairman shouted.

At the behest of the Chairman, everyone was embarrassed and sat in their respective places, but no one's anger was quelled.

The chairman pointed to Pundit Kedarnatha and asked him to answer. Pundit Kedarnatha was the only Brahmin who was calm among ten angry Brahmins. It is a different matter that Kedarnatha was waiting for this opportunity to hide his anger.

Pundit Kedarnatha was none other than Beli Rama's staunch rival who had an enmity with Beli Rama since childhood. His profession was Punditai too.

Like a true enemy, he did not leave any chance till today in which he could humiliate Beli Rama. Beli Rama had not missed a single chance, where he had not given a befitting reply to Kedarnatha.

Actually, today's meeting was not a top Brahmin meeting. It was a meeting of Pundit Kedarnatha. Beli Rama had called this meeting keeping in mind the one and only Kedarnatha because he knew that Kedarnatha, who had been seeing the face of defeat continuously since childhood, would make every effort to disturb his son's marriage when he came to know.

Due to that, there will be a disturbance in the auspicious work of marriage. Secondly, Beli Rama's family had to face astigmatism publicly.

Beli Rama was known for his visionary skills. Thinking that way Beli Rama gave this opportunity to Kedarnatha himself. Whatever will happen in Brahmin Sabha will remain in Brahmin Sabha. Whatever criticism they will face due to great Brahmins will remain there only. With the help of that plan, Beli Rama made sure that Kedarnatha would not be able to insult him or his family publicly.

Beli Rama's plan was going exactly as planned.

Unaware of Beli Rama's plan, Kedarnatha was very happy that day. He did not get so much happiness even when his fourth son Tejasraja was made the aacharya of Prince Keshava Kumara in place of Krishna Chandra.

The victory at that time was unexpected as Krishna Chandra was not removed from his post by the potential of Kedarnatha's son.

Tejasraja got his vacant post only after Krishna Chandra left.

"Today, I will bury you in the ground," Kedarnatha said to himself.

Clearly, it was not possible to measure Kedarnatha's happiness.