Chapter 6: Caste Expulsion (Part 3)

A few moments had passed since the chairman outdare Beli Rama's putara, but not a single word came out of Kedarnatha's mouth. He had already seen the end of the discussion, having blamed himself for this situation.

Although Beli Rama and his family were going to do the anti-system thing, Kedarnatha was going to be proven guilty. His sharp mind had gone numb. He could not understand what to do and what not to do.

The Chairman felt that Kedarnatha wanted to surround him with some new trick, so he again said...

"Pundit Ji, Achhoots are also present in this Sabha. By keeping silent, you are bowing the heads of Brahmins in front of non-Brahmins. Can't the Brahmin community debate? Do we belong to a coward caste?" At the behest of the chairman, the scales of the anger of the remaining Brahmin lords tilted towards Kedarnatha.

Due to this, even the little courage that was left of Kedarnatha was lost.

"Pundit Ji, We have full faith in your ability, do you believe in yourself?" The Chairman said again, reading the rest of the great Brahmin's body language.

Kedarnatha could not ignore those words. He angrily stared at Krishna Chandra.

"I am ready. A non-Brahmin young man with the illusion of thinking of himself as a great scholar, ask whatever you want to." Kedarnatha said.

Kedarnatha used such words thoughtfully so that even if he loses, Beli Rama's caste expulsion remains and other Brahmins see him as non-Brahmin. So that he gets unexpected support from other Brahmins as Brahmin Man.

Krishna Chandra was ready for the discussion since he was in the Jungle.

"So without wasting much time, tell me why a Brahmin cannot be married in any other caste? What is the harm in joining such relations?" Krishna Chandra asked in a very polite manner.

"That's our culture, that's what we've been doing since the beginning." Kedarnatha instantly replied while looking at great Brahmins in search of moral support.

"From the beginning...okay, if I am not wrong, from the beginning, we have been walking on feet, so why do we now use horses and bullock carts? Did you mean that instead of walking using vehicles is against our culture?" Krishna Chandra asked again.

Krishna Chandra was still so polite.

"What?" Kedarnatha could not say anything more than this.

"Don't even try to escape by referring to religious books, you must know who I am?...there is no book in Aryavarta that I have not read myself. It is not written in any book that a Brahmin will be married to a Brahmin only. And even by mistake, refrain from Saying physical relation with Achhoots is wrong from the religious and social point of view, or that having relations with them leads to diseases, because if you say anything like this, then I will call prostitutes from the brothels of the city and ask which Brahmins worship to lust while drinking wine there in the dark of night. Just believe me Brahmin Lord, in your affair, the dark faces of so many will come to the fore. If anyone...if anyone tries to prove me a liar, I will take their statements in the temple with maataa Ganga in their hands." Krishna Chandra said in one go.

Krishna Chandra looked at every Brahmin one by one presented in the Brahmin Sabha. Krishna Chandra found each one was ignoring him.

The Chairman was also chanting 'Rama-Rama' with his head bowed. What pleased him more than fear was that The Chairman kept himself away from this controversy.

Kedarnatha did not have any logic beforehand, hearing about the relationship with the prostitutes, the rest of the great Brahmins also became speechless.

"I also know the rituals in which prostitutes are used as offerings to God, and we all know who uses those offerings in the name of God." Krishna Chandra said with a little anger.

Saying so, it is as if Krishna Chandra has torn every Brahmin's clothes. No one dared to look at him.

For the first time, the Achhoots felt superior to the Brahmins.

"Anything you do under the influence of religion, money, liquor, and lust, there is no restriction for you. I love the Achhoot girl and I say this in front of everyone. I don't want to play the game of lust secretly but want to marry with respect. Just to stop my good deeds you guys come up with all the rules and regulations...You guys are beyond rules and I come under each stupid rule...you all are doing bad yet you all are good. I am doing good yet I am wrong...how...?" Krishna Chandra said with full anger.

Everyone was feeling the aggression in Krishna Chandra's voice.

Any civilized person could understand that aggression. That aggression did not emerge from arrogance. Krishna Chandra's intention was not to hurt anyone. The bitter reality was that those Brahmin lords were hurting innocent lovers. The aggression appeared in Krishna Chandra's tone merely a groan of pain.

Seeing everyone's bowed eyes, Kedarnatha could not stay away, he gathered some courage.

"What do you want to say, our ancestors were fools? The social rules and regulations made by them were mere stupidity. No putara no...They were great people. Their greatness gave birth to our generation and gave so much voice as well as thoughts to your generation. If they had not made this arrangement, would it have been possible for you to reach here today? Not at all, so don't question the system and values made by our ancestors." Kedarnatha said.

Kedarnatha thought Krishna Chandra's tone would go down and his fellow Brahmin lords were again starting to feel pride in Brahminhood.

"I don't understand why you guys always blame your forefathers for your shortcomings. This defeat is not of the ancestors but the ignorance of you people. Have you ever tried to verify the knowledge written in books instead of memorizing it? Have you ever done any experiments or research? I bet you would never have done that. You, people, have only acquired education, not knowledge. Experience is real knowledge...research is to be called knowledge." Krishna Chandra said sadly.