Chapter 9: The Miracle of Thirteen Years (Part 2)

While everyone thought him to be lazy, his shishyas believed that something special was going on in their Aacharya's mind.

Something which Krishna Chandra was unable to give basis even if he wanted to.

A few days passed.

One morning Krishna Chandra found the parents of his former shishyas at his door. They all seemed to be yelling. The mothers started weeping and asked where he had sent their sons.

"The education was completed, everyone was earning well in their work, everyone was living well, then what kind of learning was left to get, for which you have sent everyone."

Krishna Chandra was horrified by that news as he did not know anything about it. He was explaining his unawareness to everyone, just then the former king Ballabha Kumara had come there.

"Keshava has gone somewhere. Before leaving, he appointed four new ministers, gave them money for a year, and said that there should not be any shortage in the state till my return." The former king said.

"For a year... my putara has also left so much money for us," instantly a mother of a shishya said who was surprised.

Just like one mother, other mothers and fathers were also surprised. They confirmed that their sons had also left enough money for them to survive for one year.

"Then they must have all gone together." The former king gave his opinion.

All thought for a while and calmed down as they understood their kids were together.

"Have they not made up the idea of seclusion, like you? Rukmini Devi asked nervously.

Krishna Chandra felled in thought.

"No, it's not possible. Solitude is possible alone...not in a group" Krishna Chandra said thinking.

After brainstorming all the parents and the former king went back. But before leaving, they put Krishna Chandra in great worry. His mind drifted away from his essential thoughts. He kept thinking all the time, where would they all have gone?

Why would they have gone?

Krishna Chandra often said no to food. He kept thinking about it all day long with an empty stomach and gradually he started falling sick. His sickness kept growing.

Slowly and steadily the news of great aacharya's illness spread in the state. Many people came to meet him. Just like Vaidyas, they all advise him to eat properly and sleep properly. Krishna Chandra wanted it too, but somehow the food was not entering his food pipe. The sleep was angry with him too.

After some time everyone left Krishna Chandra on his own. His mother, father, and wife were helping him by not showing their sorrow, yet Krishna Chandra knew their condition.

History was repeating itself. A great aacharya once again was the most helpless person in the house.

A few more days later a guest came to see him.

The family was happy to see a guest after many days. They believed that in the presence of the guest Krishna Chandra tried to get up, otherwise, he lay down whole the time.

The smile of the family came from the door and instantly went through the window because the guest was an unwanted guest.

Krishna Chandra opened his eyes, he found Tejasraja in front.

"Pundit Ji, I apologize in advance, I am not able to answer any question you have." After a failed attempt to get up from the Chaarpaayi (cot), Krishna Chandra said while lying down.

Tejasraja smiled.

"Well, I am not here for the question," Tejasraja said.

Krishna Chandra did not understand anything. They met twelve years ago and their meeting was not ended on a friendly note. So Krishna Chandra was assuming that Mahapundit Tejasraja came here to insult him.

Tejasraja must have some tough questions so that he can take revenge for his last defeat.

"Yes aacharya, you heard it right, for a change, I have come to answer. Of course, you are a great scholar, yet you are a human being. And it is not possible for a man to know everything. This reminded me that mistakes keep happening to humans. This quote is not appropriate in your situation, because what you are doing is not a mistake but a crime." Tejasraja said firmly.

Krishna Chandra did not pay attention to Tejasraja's words. He wanted to send back Tejasraja, but out of courtesy, he was compelled to stay quiet.

"Pundit Ji, I am telling you the truth that for many weeks I have not been able to get up from this Chaarpaayi, I...I have not done anything, neither a crime nor a mistake." Krishna Chandra said helplessly.

Krishna Chandra's gestures were saying 'Leave me alone wicked Pundit.'

Tejasraja was observing it closely, yet he remained calm. He knew a sick person could not behave normally.

"Being sick by being stressed...if this is not a crime then what is? Wait a minute, I think you are right, it's not a crime but foolishness. If you had any disease, it would have been sensible, but you have invented this disease. If a smart person like you does this, then it is not even a crime, it should be called foolishness." Tejasraja said firmly.

Just after that Tejasraja turned back as he did not want to see Krishna Chandra.

Krishna Chandra was surprised by Tejasraja's behavior because only a good friend can behave like that. He tried to get up. It seemed like invisible energy entered his soul. Somehow he stood on his feet.

There was no limit to the surprise of Kumari Rukmini standing nearby.

"Pundit Ji..." Kumari Rukmini said to Tejasraja with folded hands.

Tejasraja understood her gesture. He looked back and jumped with joy.

"Yes, this is Krishna Chandra Ji, who never breaks," Tejasraja said with joy.

Tejasraja happily hugged him like an old friend.

Krishna Chandra was happy but was more surprised by how Tejasraja was behaving. It was not at all expected from him.

"My lord, what are you thinking? I bet you are thinking how could this evil as well as selfish creature say good things instead of bad ones?" Tejasraja asked smiling.

Weak Krishna Chandra was unable to control his emotion so his expressions immediately accepted the truth that truth Tejasraja just said smiling.

Smiling Tejasraja started laughing.