Chapter 10: The Uttarasaadhaka gurukul (Part 2)

"How would not we? You must forget the name of our aacharya!" While saying a shishya was about to touch his feet.

Krishna Chandra stopped that boy and hugged everyone with pride.

In the evening, they said that when one of them went to the city to get some goods, the campaign of aacharya Tejasraja came to know. Fearing that another gurukul might not be formed, they sent a message to them. Their wish was to tell him after making a complete gurukul, but for this reason, had to be told in advance.

The wishes of the Aacharya's disciples could not be fulfilled as per their wish, yet they all were more than happy that their Aacharya's wish had been fulfilled.

With the funds collected by aacharya Tejasraja, the gurukul was expanded and with the help of additional volunteers, the Uttarasaadhaka gurukul was formed rapidly.

Yes, Uttarasaadhaka gurukul was the name of gurukul made by aacharya Krishna Chandra Shastri.

After the formation of the Uttarasaadhaka gurukul, aacharya Krishna Chandra Shastri was unanimously made the pradhanaacharya (college Principal).

After that, the pradhanaacharya Krishna Chandra Shastri formally gave the task of managing the gurukul to aacharya Tejasraja, which he gladly accepted.

Many aspiring alumni wanted to be aacharyas of Uttarasaadhaka Gurukul. The pradhanaacharya knew that even though their intentions were noble, yet he could not allow them all to be aacharya.

Due to his former king, the pradhanaacharya Krishna Chandra Shastri knew that every knowledgeable person could not be a teacher. Teaching is an art and Mother Nature gives this art to only a few. As everybody could not be a painter or a cook, anybody could not be a teacher, whether he knows entire books. So it was necessary to choose the right person as a teacher.

First of all, the pradhanaacharya told so to everyone and then he asked for help from his former employer.

Enjoying his retired life the former king Ballabha Kumara was surprised that he was asked for churning. He gladly accepted the responsibility.

Ballabha Kumara formed a churning council with the single purpose of finding natural teachers.

When the former king started a campaign many other aspirants gave their applications. The churning council tests everybody. They were not looking for a knowledgeable person, they were looking for only those to whom Mother Nature gave the Vardaan of being teachers.

Thus many natural teachers were found by the churning council.

All teachers who were found by the churning council were made aacharyas of Uttarasaadhaka gurukul and Uttarasaadhaka gurukul was started in the year 1205 with great aspirations.

The first name among the new shishyas was Savamanika. Grown-up Savamanika made great efforts again, but the pradhanaacharya did not allow him to study again.

"But I want to learn from you aacharya, more than you I had dreamed of this Gurukul. Without learning from you, I will keep wandering like a living ghost." Savamanika insisted the pradhanaacharya.

the pradhanaacharya calmed him and looked directly into Savamanika's eyes.

"Is it necessary that knowledge can be acquired only by becoming a shishya?" the pradhanaacharya asked.

Savamanika did not understand anything.

Aacharya Tejasraja told him that you are being made aacharya too.

the pradhanaacharya Krishna Chandra Shastri first taught his aacharyas how to share their knowledge in the right way. He clarified that being knowledgeable and being an aacharya are completely different things. Thereafter he opened the doors of the gurukul for the shishyas.

the pradhanaacharya Krishna Chandra Shastri took charge of the Gurukul for about sixty years. People often say that when you are happy then time runs very fast. The statement was so true for the pradhanaacharya Krishna Chandra. He lived his dream for sixty years as if he just blinked his eyes.

For sixty years he distributed his truly earned knowledge. During that, he pulled thousands of poor from the swamp of poverty. He was able to do so just with the help of education. The education that was a privilege when he was born, now become the right of each boy of Aryavarta.

At the age of 105, the pradhanaacharya Krishna Chandra was full of positive energy. His hair started changing color, but his style was the same. He was still young in mind. Everything was going fine, and then one day he remembered an incident of his youth.

When a kid asked the pradhanaacharya Krishna Chandra, what was your first job?

Krishna Chandra was replying to the kid, and just then he remembered why he got his first job. It was the pedagogue of the king who advised his king that, "We should hair a new age aacharya for a new age prince."

That incident compelled the pradhanaacharya Krishna Chandra to introspect.

When the pradhanaacharya Krishna Chandra felt that there was nothing new left for him to give to Uttarasaadhaka gurukul, he resigned and made aacharya Shivakesri the new pradhanaacharya of Uttarasaadhaka gurukul.

Three decades later, when Aacharya Krishna Chandra Shastri was near death, he said "Deependra should be the next pradhanaacharya. Deependra would be right to give a new direction to the Uttarasaadhaka gurukul."

Deependra was just a five-year-old boy. Everyone was surprised at what he had seen in a five-year-old boy. But aacharya Shivakesri accepted it as a command, not as advice.

"It is never necessary that what I say must be true. I have always said never to have superstitions. Check every fact and accept only when it seems right. Don't ever love a potential result before testing it. Seek the truth with an open mind."

Those were the last words of aacharya Krishna Chandra Shastri.

After a few days, in the year 1301 that great aacharya left his great life of 141 years in his books.

Aacharya Krishna Chandra Shastri's death was mourned almost all over Aryavarta. But according to him, the mourning did not last more than a day.

So everyone started their work with a heavy conscience.

The future pradhanaacharya of five years, Deependra was none other than the grandson of aacharya Savamanika.

Deependra proved aacharya Krishna Chandra Shastri's prophecy to be true and attained the highest education at the age of less than aacharya Krishna Chandra Shastri.

Momentarily after that, Deependra started researching the merits and demerits of being aacharya. After three years of research and four years of practice as an aacharya, he appeared before the pradhanaacharya Shivakesri to prove his worth.

Taking inspiration from the last words of the pradhanaacharya Krishan Chandra Shastri, the pradhanaacharya Shivakesri called all the scholars of Aryavarta and prepared an examination.

That exam was declared the toughest exam of Aryavarta.