Chapter 21: This Is My Friend (Part 3)

"One is unmarried but the other is married. Why doesn't he go home?" Dev's father-in-law asked his daughter angrily.

"That's the problem. Everyone is disturbed because of the unmarried one. If he gets a bride, he will spare the lives of both of them as well." The elder brother replied to the father on behalf of his sister.

That night the grieving family together wished for Rasik's marriage. On the fifth day itself, the messenger from Rasik's house reached Dev's in-laws' house.

"The girl is beautiful, well-mannered, and knows how to cook. The only problem is that she only does things when she feels like doing them." Jagdeesh said sadly reading the letter.

Although Jagdeesh had started with happiness, his happiness was gone after reading the last words. Dev also looked sad on hearing so. When both of them saw Rasik, they were surprised, because Rasik was blushing.

"No, you cannot marry her. I take my promise back." Dev said worriedly.

"I will marry her," said Rasik firmly.

"Rasik, I have freed you from my promise. You don't need to do this." Dev said angrily.

"Hey, calm down friend. What do you think I am compromising by doing this? No, my brother, just see through my eyes. First of all, see the honesty of her and her family. Then see that she is also beautiful and knows cooking too. And in the end, see that she works only when she has really wanted to do it, that is, whenever she does something, she will do it with full intention. Oh wow! This is called a perfect offer. Bhabhi ji (Sister-in-law), make arrangements for the food, we will leave immediately after the food." Rasik said very happily.

In no time, Rasik got married to the same girl. While Jagdeesh-Dev used to stay away from the kitchen, Rasik and his wife used to take turns doing household chores. Rasik's family felt very ashamed, but Rasik was very happy.

If anyone was happier than Rasik, She was Rasik's wife, who still could not believe that she had found a husband who understood her well, because everyone had told her so to date, that no good boy will ever make you his bride. Even if a boy agrees because of her beauty, the boy's family will never agree.

Rasik and his family fulfilled the wish of that innocent girl and made everyone else to be ashamed of their harsh words for the rest of their lives.

In that way, all three friends of Batuk also got married. Like Jagdeesh, even Dev and Rasik could not call their dear friend Batuk even after wanted strongly.

After marriage, everyone extended their family further. They did not want to limit the happiness of the children to themselves, so they sent a call to Batuk. But they could not find Batuk. They felt that Batuk's condition would not improve. They did not want to trouble his father so did not go to his house. They also felt that the father would not know something about him.

And the wheel of time moved forward four years. By now everyone had forgotten Batuk and was busy in their respective lives.

Then one day, after getting free time from work, Jagdeesh felt like visiting the city. He told the family members and left for the city with the horse. He had gone there after a long time, that's why everything seemed different to him.

Stopping at some new shops, he checked the goods there and bought sweets from an old sweet shop for his home. After some time he left for home.

In the middle of the city, an announcement was going on in which information was being given about the arrival of Seth Batukeshwara.

"Whenever I hear the name of this Seth (wealthy man) Batukeshwara, I remember my friend Batuk. For many years I could not meet Batuk, so why not meet this Seth today itself? Anyway, he is a big personality, what is the harm in increasing interaction." Thinking like that, Jagdeesh returned home.

As always, Jagdeesh was very happy by giving sweets to the family members. His wife served the food. Today he was eating food remembering Batuk. The wife asked, "Where is the attention today?" So Jagdeesh told the truth. His wife also advised him to meet Seth Batukeshwara.

According to the announcement, Seth Batukeshwara was about to enter the city just after noon, so the wife reminded Jagdeesh of the right time.

Jagdeesh again took a bath and dressed in expensive clothes, headed towards the newly made dharamshala (a charity place where people take shelter free of cost). The new dharamshala was built by Seth Batukeshwara only. He was about to come to inaugurate it that day.

After reaching dharamshala, Jagdeesh saw that many famous personalities of the surroundings had reached with the hope of meeting Seth Batukeshwara. Everyone was waiting for him with impatient eyes. Among them, there were some people whom Jagdeesh had tried many times in the past to meet, but they could not meet. When Jagdeesh saw such people also waiting for Seth Batukeshwara, he was very impressed by Seth Batukeshwara.

Seth Batukeshwara seemed to be much more successful and wealthy than Jagdeesh thought. He told himself that his decision to come was very appropriate. So he also happily started waiting for the arrival of Seth Batukeshwara.

Suddenly there was an announcement and just before the auspicious time, Seth Batukeshwara arrived with his family in three chariots.

From the narration, the crowd came to know that Seth Batukeshwara was accompanied by his wife, son, daughter, mother, father, sister, brother-in-law, niece, and two nephews. Apart from that, his younger uncle, aunt, and two cousins were also traveling with Seth Batukeshwara along with their respective families. It was also told that Seth Batukeshwara always travels with his family.

"Such a great man and so timely, a great surprise." A man said who was standing with a garland of flowers in his hands.

"Sorry gentleman, but a great man is the one who does all the work on time. The man who cares about his own and everyone's time is called great." Jagdeesh spoke because he could not resist himself to speak.