Chapter 18: Just Before the Destination (Part 3)

Whoever heard, did not believe. But they could not stop themselves from coming up to the mound.

People reached the mound. They saw the wonder and wonderful boys with their own eyes. With the desire to get some virtue, they gave them something to eat. After returning, they told every possible creature about majestic boys and their wonderful mound.

the pradhanaacharya had taken an estimate of the crop from the traveler. When he felt that the crop would be ripe, he took the shishyas with him and went towards the mound.

the pradhanaacharya Deependra had no idea of what he was going to see on the mound. He had thought that all four would be found cursing him in bad condition. But he was stunned to see their hut, farm, ponds, and health.

Due to the people coming from far and wide, the mound was looking like a haunt of a fair instead of a deserted one. All four shishyas were engrossed in talking to the people. As momentarily as they saw Gurudev, they ran to him and took his blessings.

"Only the shishyas of aacharya Krishna Chandra Shastri's Uttarasaadhaka Gurukul have the ability to make an uninhabited state a fairground. Just because of all of you, animals and birds have also got shelter here. This is highly commendable Shishyas,... Let me tell you a secret, you have done what even I could not do." When the pradhanaacharya Deependra told, the chests of all four became wider with pride.

"It's true kids. Once in my youth, I felt in seclusion, then I came here. Even after trying hard, I could not even grow grass here. Today not only did you make the impossible possible, but also taught me that with friends you can do anything." the pradhanaacharya said happily.

All four looked at each other and smiled.

"Gurudev, I am sorry, but a question has come to my mind," Dev said.

"Ask Devendera?"

"Aacharya, when you considered this task impossible, then why did you send us to do it? And not only sent but also told not to return without making it possible."

"Your question is not correct Devendera, if I were in your place, I would have asked that forty other shishyas like us were going to appear for the final exam this year, then why were we sent for this impossible exam?" the pradhanaacharya said with a twinkle in his eyes.

All four including Dev were surprised to hear this. This question had not crossed their mind even once in the last nine months. This question was valid as well as important.

"All four of you have been together ever since you came to Gurukul. Have you all ever thought about it?" When the pradhanaacharya asked, everyone was again surprised.

None of them ever thought about it. In many years so many children have come and gone. Many friends became close friends, but no one was like them. All four had done everything together since childhood.

Batuk remembered Rasik's words when he told his friendship was paramount. All four of them were close friends even though they were each other's rivals in every subject.

"The aptitudes and ineptitudes of all of you are different, the personality of all is different, but from childhood, every aacharya found that together you can do everything. Hardly all four of you realize who is the youngest person in the history of Uttarasaadhaka Gurukul to achieve higher education?... it is not one, it's four of them. Yes, you are the four youngest achievers in Uttarasaadhaka Gurukul's history." the pradhanaacharya said proudly.

The mouths of all four remained open.

Jagdeesh remembered the pradhanaacharya's statement just when they were about to leave for the mound, he told them that they all are special.

Everyone expressed their gratitude by touching the feet of the pradhanaacharya and the feet of all the aacharyas who came along. Rasik was so carried away by emotions that he even touched the feet of shishyas much younger than him. Jagdeesh handled him with difficulty

"Shishyas, My conscience used to say that only you four can make this experiment successful. You were looking forward to the supreme exam from the last year. For three years I waited for that. Shishyas, increase the honor of this the pradhanaacharya of yours by hugging him." When the pradhanaacharya said with outstretched arms, everyone's tears came out.

When all four of the shishyas hugged Gurudev, there was no place for the surprise of all the shishyas who came along. They now came to know how big this exam was.

Batuk crop was the best because of the maximum number of seeds sown. He was given the title of top shishya for the best crop.

On hearing that, there was cheering for Batukeshwara on the mound. Many farmers came to him and talked about taking his advice in exchange for money. Batuk was horrified to hear this.

"Agriculture trainer can also become a good business. Don't worry and go ahead. From today, the education of all of you in the Gurukul is complete. You all can go home from here." the pradhanaacharya said.

the pradhanaacharya returned to Gurukul after announcing. And some shishyas were left in the cottage to bring the crop.

Batuk was contracted by most of the customers by paying money. Jagdeesh got fewer contracts than him; Dev got fewer contracts than Jagdeesh. Rasik's crop was very low compared to all three, so no one came to him. He sat at a distance, laughing at himself.

After some time when most of the people left, an old man came to him and placed a copper coin in front of him. Rasik became happy. He turned the coin upside down, it was of copper only.

"You really want me to do the work?"

"Yes...I can't afford to hire them; will you help me at this cost?"

"Sure uncle, if you trust me..."

"You have indeed grown lesser crops, but you have grown crops in stones, so there is no question of not trusting."

All four were happy as Rasik got a job too. Having promised to meet again at the same place after four years, everyone went to their respective homes.

When all four had come here, they had no special knowledge of agriculture, but while leaving, they had become 'knowledgeable about agriculture'. The biggest thing is that farming has also become their profession. They were taking the money to homes.

Everyone remembered the pradhanaacharya's words that 'this test will teach you a lot'.

Even after going a long distance, everyone was looking at the mound by turning around.