Chapter 12: Where is The Temple? (Part 3)

Just as everyone was told that drinking water while sitting always benefits the body, in the same way, everyone was also told that drinking water before meals and with meals reduces Jathar Agni, which hinders digestion. And there is an increase in unnecessary and harmful air in the body.

Similarly, drinking water after one and a half hours of eating helps the body to extract essential juices from the food in sufficient quantity. That theory was also known to everyone that lukewarm water is the best water for drinking.

Extremely cold and extremely hot water is not beneficial.

After eating, all the friends used to get time to talk among themselves. Due to everyday rituals, many used to keep their special questions ready for that time. There was enjoyment in such gatherings and time also passed.

All the children used to get involved in sports as momentarily as they heard about the afternoon.

Some play catch-up, while some play hide and seek. Older children used to do push-ups, long jumps, wrestle, and go on long runs.

Everyone could choose any game of their choice and play it. It was necessary to play only in the afternoon as it was the principle of gurukul.

By playing sports in the afternoon, the body remains healthy and free from diseases, there was also a belief that just as at the beginning of the morning, laughing and singing, the whole day passes happily, in the same way, playing sports in the afternoon makes a person young for long times and at the same time he sees the visible benefits of being a human every day, because of which human also thanks Mother Nature every day for giving us human body.

Playing is the only activity that does not come under the category of a job. A sport is such an activity that brings maximum true happiness to the soul with minimum effort. Due to sports, the mind becomes so happy that whatever tension is developed, it gets destroyed automatically, due to which the attainment of a healthy body and good mood is assured.

In this situation, studying becomes very easy and interesting for children, and life becomes fun for elders at every age. This was the reason that all the aacharyas of Gurukul used to participate in the games.

Each game ended with special yoga exercises and Shavasana. It was believed that this gives relief to all the joints of the body and along with the blood pressure, the rest of the systems of the body also help to calm down.

After that, everyone was given time to wash their clothes and take a bath.

It was well known in Gurukul that a person should take a bath in any season, he should use normal water for a bath. Bathing water can be a little cold but it should not be hot at all.

You take a bath at any time, take a bath slowly and comfortably. Note that no system of your body should feel hurried. Always start bathing from the feet and slowly move upwards by pouring water on the upper parts. Pour water on the skull only after the torso has been wet for at least five minutes.

No matter how long you take a bath, sit comfortably immediately after taking a bath and drink water sip by sip.

After the hard work done in the afternoon, everyone was given Sanjh Jalpaan. Along with Desi cow's milk, goat's milk was also served in the Sanjh Jalpaan.

Then for one hour, everyone used to get time to revise today's study, so that it could be confirmed by repeating today's lesson.

As momentarily as the night started, everyone used to gather at the Satsang Bhawana.

Instead of answering the questions of the children, the virtuous aacharyas of Uttarasaadhaka gurukul chose the policy of Satsang.

Satsang means to be in the company of good as well as wise people. In ancient times people used to go to Satsang for brainstorming. Satsang was the trick to finding an appropriate solution to your big problem in very little time with the help of other good as well as wise people.

The biggest advantage of the Satsang was that all the chhatars of the gurukul became like Keshav Kumar, the first chhatar of Aacharya Krishna Chandra Shastri. That is, instead of accepting the answers, they used to introspect.

Through Satsang, this introspection happened in public, so many people got answers at the same time. aacharya

In the Satsang of Uttarasaadhaka gurukul, it would often happen that one of the older chhatars would ask a question of his own. Anyone aacharyas from all the aacharyas would have presented his answer to that question. All the chhatars and aacharyas started thinking about that question. After some time an interested chhatar or an aacharya would comment on that answer. Then everyone churns on that comment. Any interested chhatar or aacharya would have offered his views on that comment. Then everyone started thinking about those views. Anyone who had a mind would have registered his objection or agreement on that and that process would continue till the whole gurukul was united on the answer to the main question.

Many times it would happen that two weeks would be spent on a single subject. No one had any objection to that, because according to the principle of Uttarasaadhaka Gurukul, until all are unanimous, there is room for doubt.

And where there is doubt, there will be research, whether research is done today or tomorrow.

Everyone used to feel peace after the night of Satsang.

Everyone calms down and returns to the chhatravaas. Everyone used to clean themselves well before sleeping. Whoever needed it, would also take a bath. The needy would come to their bed after taking a bath and immediately engage in self-observation so that all the ifs and buts emerging in their mind become calm before sleeping.

After that, everyone would go for urination and as momentarily as they came, they would sleep comfortably for eight hours continuously.

The education of all four new chhatars started in the holy and practical atmosphere of Uttarasaadhaka gurukul and thirteen years passed by in no time.