Week Two, Wednesday

Week Two, Wednesday

    When Ayano leaves Osano at the gate, he isn’t as upset. He just tells her that he’ll see her in a bit, and then waits for Taro. Ayano heads off, ready to check out three clubs before class.

    The first room that Ayano steps into is the Gaming Club room. All of the members are sitting in there, playing different games. A familiar green-haired girl is noticeably present.

    “Ayano! Hi again!” Midori waves and gestures for Ayano to walk over before returning to her game. The others look up at Ayano, intrigued.

    “Hey, Midori. I wanted to check out a couple more clubs today, and thought that the Gaming Club could be nice.”

    One boy has the red armband that signifies club leaders. He looks up at Ayano quizzically. “You do know this isn’t an official club, right?”

    She did not. “It isn’t?”

    The boy sighs. “No, it isn’t. The school thinks it’s not good enough to be official, but whatever.”

    A girl with short pink hair looks at Ayano. “It’s because the school can’t benefit off of five kids playing video games.”

    “Oh. That’s a shame! You guys seem to have made a really nice group in here. I didn’t realize it wasn’t official.”   

    The boy looks proud now. “Well, even though the staff won’t recognize us, the students do! We’re great.”

    Another girl, this one with long pink hair and a kind, gentle face, says, “That’s how Gema got his armband. The other leaders agreed that he deserved one.”

    Ayano smiles. “You do! I’m sure the staff will make the club official one day, but right now it still seems phenomenal.”

    They all thank her, and Ayano slips out soon after. It’s not as personalized as Ayano hoped, but she knows that complimenting them as a whole is almost as good for her goal.

    With this in mind, Ayano heads to the Photography room next. All of the club members are joking around, taking pictures on YanChat, a newer social media that allows users to apply filters and funny captions to their photos and videos. Ayano compliments them, stating that they all give the room a cheerful vibe, and gets out after they rope her into taking a picture with the cat filter.

    Finally, Ayano heads to the Martial Arts Club room. Five students are in the club room, two of them sparring in the middle of the room, with the other three watching them. The club leader looks up at her and smiles, then goes back to watching the two in the middle. Ayano makes her way to stand next to the club leader, and watches the match silently.

    The fighters are a long-haired girl and a boy, both wearing the signature bandana around their heads. They seem pretty evenly matched to Ayano, but suddenly the girl goes from defensive to offensive. In the blink of an eye and a punch and kick later, the boy is on the ground.

    The club leader smiles. “Good job, Mina! And Sho, you did even better than last time! You’ve been holding up well against Mina.”

    The girl, Mina, and Sho bow to the leader, then everyone looks at Ayano.

    “Hi! I’m Budo, and this is the Martial Arts Club. What brings you here today?” Budo asks.