Week Ten, Thursday

Week Ten, Thursday

    Ayano wakes up and stares at her ceiling in the morning. After a few moments, and a few thoughts, she sits up and gets out of her bed. She’s not making the same mistake as yesterday, no way.

    After getting out of bed, Ayano goes through her morning routine. She smiles as she puts on her choker, and glances in the bathroom mirror to see herself before she goes. She looks ready for the day, put together and confident that the day will be a good one.

    Ayano has no doubts that she’s right. She checks herself one last time, making sure her blazer is laying properly, then heads out of her house, instantly greeted by the six usual boys. 

    “Hey, Yan!” Aso says before she can open her mouth, buzzing with excitement. “What’re you doing this weekend?”

    Blinking, Ayano goes through her mental list. “Well, the play is on Saturday, but I have nothing planned for Sunday. Why?”

    Aso’s grin doubles. “It’s my parents’ anniversary on Sunday, so I’m practically getting kicked out of the house. Want to hang out then?”

    Ayano giggles, remembering their old conversation on anniversaries. “Of course, Aso. Just text me when you’re awake, we can hang out at my place unless we decide to do something.”

    Aso nods quickly, and Ayano wonders if his neck hurts with how fast his head shakes on it. She doesn’t ask, and chooses to ignore the question. “Great! And I’ll see you on Saturday, too, when I come watch!”

    Hanakō gasps. “Oh, that’s on Saturday? I’ll be there, Senpai!” 

    Osano frowns. “Wouldn’t you have come anyways? Your brother and I both go every time for our clubs.”

    Hanakō shrugs, pouting. “I didn’t know that! But I’ll be sure to come watch you guys perform, uh...what are you guys performing, Senpai?”

    Kizano huffs, taking over the conversation. “We’re doing three one act plays. Ayano and I are the leads for the opening play, so you better be there on time.”

    Hanakō nods, eyes wide. “Of course!”

    Ayano giggles. “Are all of you coming to the play?” 

    Oko chuckles softly. “Aso and I are the only other ones who don’t have to come...but we’ll be there.” 

    Ayano smiles at Oko, and silently watches as conversation shifts as Hanakō talks about his time in the Photography Club. She just takes the chance to relax and enjoy the warmth that her friends bring to her life. 

    Unknown to her, her heart pounds against its cracking walls, and more dust falls.

    When the group gets to school, Ayano heads to the Student Council room. The only members present are Megamo and Kuroko, who seem to be talking about someone who keeps buying all of the pop from the vending machine...and leaving it on the ground.

    Ayano chooses to believe that she misheard, because nobody would just...do that, right?

    Ayano greets the two and hops straight into her work. She doesn’t notice when Kuroko leaves just three minutes later, or when Megamo watches her for a few moments before resuming his own work.