The Extra Chapter

Ayano Aishi, Harem Extraordinaire

The Struggles of the Aishi Harem

A few years after the confession

    If someone had asked Ayano as a little girl, “What do you think is the hardest thing about marriage?”, she probably would have thought about how her family interacted with their significant others, and respond with, “Keeping other women away from your husband.” Or, in more...drastic couples, “Making sure he doesn’t escape.”

    But if someone had asked Ayano this question as a teen, she would have shrugged and said, “Making sure that they’re as happy as possible, no matter what.” Perhaps even a, “Keeping the house clean and bills paid,” if she was having a rather emotionless existential crisis.

    Now? Now, Ayano Aishi would say, “Trying to get their attention.”

    Ayano Aishi does not have a distant partner, or one who isn’t faithful. No, Ayano Aishi has loving husbands who enjoy their time with her.

    That wasn’t a mistake. There are eight of them.

    And all of them have followed tradition and taken her last name. 

    This is where the problem comes in. 

    For example, let’s look at what happened just last week. Mido had suggested to Ayano that she and her husbands went to the doctor to get a check up and a shot. 

    “There’s been a nasty virus going around, and I don’t want any of you to get sick, dearie,” Mido had said, and Ayano promised to go. Her husbands had easily agreed, and they went to the doctor’s office without any problems.

    And then, while sitting in the waiting room, a doctor walked out and, oblivious, simply called out, “Mr. Aishi?”

    He was not prepared for the eight synchronized, “Yes?” that immediately came his way. The poor soul could only blink at the now standing men, then look back to his clipboard.

    “Sorry, Mr. Aishi who is married to Ayano Aishi?” He tried again.

    Only to be greeted with another, more impatient round of, “ Yes?? ” 

    Ayano couldn’t help but feel pity for the poor doctor, who was by then wide-eyed and frantically looking for any helpful details on his sheet, and cleared her throat. “What’s the first name, sir?”

    He frowned. “It’s only the first initial, but it’ll do!” He smiled, then said, “Alright, Mr. O. Aishi!”

    Aso burst out laughing, and Ayano couldn’t refrain from giggling with him. The doctor looked ready to faint when Osano, Osorō, and Oko walked up to him, all of them just as amused by the situation as their wife.

    It had taken twenty minutes for the confusion to be cleared up, and finally the doctor was ready to lead Oko to a room. Then the next doctor was done with their patient, and so they asked, “Is A. Aishi here?”

    Amao, Ayano, and Aso had given the doctor a small slice of hell, to say the least.

    But the confusion wasn’t just outside of the house, of course not. No, Ayano had trouble getting the right husband when she needed them at home. Because whenever she wanted Amao’s help with cooking, Aso came running up. Or when she wanted Oko to help her pick which necklace suited her best, Hanakō arrived first. And when she wanted Kizano to give her advice on how to seem more confident before an interview, Megamo somehow ended up teaching her how to do the murder walk.