Week Five, Friday

Week Five, Friday

    Ayano needs to start waking up earlier, just to check her phone for messages. Once again, Ayano has a text, but she doesn’t stop to read it. Instead, Ayano goes through her usual morning routine. When she opens the door to leave, all five boys are waiting for her, along with Kokona and Riku. 

    “Yan!” Kokona greets when she walks out. “I figured I’d join you, so you didn’t forget about Cooking Club this morning.”

    “I didn’t forget, don’t worry,” Ayano replies, honest. Despite her week, she wouldn’t forget.

    Amao beams. “Do you have a recipe already planned? If not, I can teach you how to make the cupcakes I brought in yesterday?”

    “I don’t have anything planned. I’d be happy to learn your recipe.”

    “Me, too,” Osano adds in as he takes one of Ayano’s hands. Ayano smiles and laces their fingers together, happy with the contact.

    Aso is taking Ayano’s other hand seconds later. “Hey, Yan?” He asks. “Since you’re busy today, do you want to join me on my morning run tomorrow?”

    That sounds nice. Especially nice, considering Ayano won’t have to wear one of her new blazers. “Yeah, I’d love to. What time do you go on your runs?”

    “Are you willing to get up at six? I like to do my runs before it gets too hot.”

    “Yeah, I’ll be up.”

    Aso beams, and Ayano’s face heats up. In her pocket, Ayano can feel her phone buzz, but she doesn’t pay attention to it. She’ll check it later. For now, Ayano lets herself fall into conversation with her friends, forgetting about everything else. 

    When they get to school, Aso waves goodbye before heading off to the track. Amao takes Ayano’s free hand, and with Kokona behind them, the four make their way to the Cooking Club.

    When they enter the room, Amao is quick to pull out the ingredients he needs. He starts instructing the group on what to do, and it’s easy to fall into a rhythm. The four friends talk easily as they make their cupcakes.

    “I can’t wait for tomorrow!” Kokona cheers at one point. “Riku and I are going on our second date.” 

    Amao smiles at that. “That’s amazing. What did you two do on your first?”

    Kokona giggles. “We went to see a movie. It was really cute.”

   “That new rom-com?” Osano asks, and Kokona nods. “Huh. I read that it wasn’t that great on the reviews.”

    Kokona shrugs. “I thought it was good, but I like almost every rom-com I’ve seen. You just have to see it for yourself.” Then she grins. “You too, Yan! It’s a great movie. Maybe you two can go together sometime?”

    “It wouldn’t be the first romantic comedy we’ve watched together,” Ayano says without thinking. Immediately, the grin on Kokona’s face doubles, and Amao raises an eyebrow, staring at Osano.