Week Six, Saturday

Week Six, Saturday

    Ayano is awoken by Kokona nudging her.

    “Come on, Yan! My dad made breakfast,” Kokona repeats the sentence as Ayano sits up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

    “Okay, okay, I’m coming.” Ayano lets Kokona pull her up, and they head to the kitchen.

    “Ayano!” Mr. Haruka greets from the stove. “How’d you sleep, kid?”

    “Wonderfully. Thank you for letting me over.” Ayano takes a seat next to Kokona at the table.

    “Glad to hear it! So, I heard that you’re in the Drama Club too?”

    “Yes. I joined with Kokona’s insistence.” 

    “And you’re that, uh,” Mr. Haruka pauses, and gestures to his hair, then pauses again. “I guess describing hair color doesn’t help… You’re dating the leader, right?”

    “No?” Ayano gives Kokona a look that screams, ‘ Kokona, you need to stop ’ 

    Kokona just bats her eyes and smiles innocently.

    “You aren’t?” Mr. Haruka huffs as he turns off the stove, and sets a plate full of pancakes on the table. “Why hasn’t the boy made a move yet? I’ve heard you’re pretty talented, young lady.”

    “Thank you,” Ayano says, and reaches to take some food. “But he isn’t interested in me romantically.”

    “Alright, well, if you’re half as good as Kokona has told me, I’m sure he’ll see it eventually!”

    Ayano isn’t sure if he just means good at acting anymore, and just shrugs. Kokona laughs, and Ayano sighs. 

    Maybe the Harukas are all just romantics. It wouldn’t surprise Ayano at this point.

    After eating, Mr. Haruka heads to the living room to watch TV. Kokona drags Ayano to her room, where they listen to musical soundtracks until it’s time for lunch. Lunch is a quick affair, and Mr. Haruka leaves after, saying he has an old friend he wants to catch up with.

    Kokona smiles at that, and turns to Ayano. “It’s a woman,” Kokona whispers conspiratorially, and Ayano smiles. She’s heard about how Kokona’s mom passed away, and is glad that Mr. Haruka may be giving himself a second chance. It’d be good for him.

    After lunch, Kokona and Ayano get ready to head to the school. Ayano puts on a light yellow sundress, and Kokona puts on a cute purple sweater and a white skirt. Kokona does their stage makeup, and then they head to Akademi.

When they get there, Kizano is the only one who’s arrived yet. He’s setting up chairs, and Ayano and Kokona quickly help him. As the three work, the rest of the Drama Club members show up. Soon after, Taro and Uekiya walk in, and they start setting up their flower booth. When the Cooking Club members all start coming in, arms laden with trays of goodies, Kokona and Ayano head backstage, getting their first outfits on. Ayano smiles as they slip their prop swords into their scabbards, ready to act as servants. The rest of the members are backstage or behind the curtains, rushing around to make sure everything is ready.