Week Ten, Saturday

Week Ten, Saturday

    Ayano wakes up to cheerful pop music playing in her room. She hums along, opening her eyes to see Tokuko and Kokona sitting in a line, with Kokona singing to the lyrics as she curls Tokuko's hair. Kokona's hair is currently uncurled, and despite all of their previous sleepovers, Ayano always finds the look unfamiliar.

    That doesn't mean it's an unpleasant look. Kokona looks really pretty with her hair down, actually. Perhaps Ayano should convince her to leave it uncurled one day. Even if it's just to see Riku's reaction.

    Tokuko glances at Ayano and smiles. "Good morning, Ayano. Did you sleep well?"

    Kokona grins and quickly adds her own, "Morning, Yan!" Then she goes back to Tokuko's hair.

    "I did. How about you two?" Ayano responds, sitting up on her bed. 

    The two girls respond positively, and the three chat for a moment before Ayano heads to the bathroom. When she comes back, she checks her phone and giggles.

    "What's up, Yan?" Kokona asks, finally setting down the curling iron. Tokuko turns and begins to work on Kokona's hair immediately.

    "Amao texted me. Apparently, Hanakō tried to help bake." Ayano giggles again, interrupting herself.

    Kokona cringes. " Tried? "

    Ayano nods, grinning. "He tried adding olive oil."

    Tokuko blinks. "Olive oil? To what, exactly?"

    " Everything. "

    She pauses, setting down the curling iron. "But they're baking?"

    "Yes."

    Tokuko looks at Kokona and Ayano, and both just shrug. Then Ayano's phone buzzes, and she laughs once more. Amao sent an image, and it's just Osano's shocked face as he watches Hanakō pour cooking oil into a mixing bowl.

    ' He thinks you need half a bottle to bake a cake...in the batter. ' Amao sends soon after. ' We had to dump the whole batch worth. Hanakō is now getting sent to buy new ingredients .'

    Ayano reads the text out loud, and Tokuko wordlessly goes back to Kokona's hair. Kokona just tries not to laugh, afraid of accidentally being burned. 

    Ayano texts Amao back, wishing him luck, then reads random stuff online until the girls are done with their hair. Then the three just gossip about whatever until it's time to eat lunch. Ayano makes enough soup for all of them, and after they eat they all get dressed for the day. Ayano pulls on a light blue dress, Kokona puts on a pink blouse and a white skirt, and Tokuko wears a dark purple dress that perfectly matches her hair. Then they all put on makeup, or rather, Ayano watches Kokona and Tokuko do their makeup before they both fuss with Ayano's. Her hair also ends up being done, and she quickly has her hair lightly curled by Tokuko before she has a chance to say anything. 

    As soon as Ayano is ready, the three girls head to the school, ready to begin.

    The Cooking and Gardening Club members are already there, getting ready for the play. Even Osorō is helping set up, talking to Osano as they put up a table.