Week Four, Wednesday

Chapter 25: Week Four, Wednesday

Chapter Text

Week Four, Wednesday

    Ayano has a plan when she wakes up in the morning. She reaches for her phone and immediately texts Riku.

    ‘ Meet me on the rooftop, behind the ventilation fan. ’ She sends the text, then goes through her morning routine. She’s still putting on her uniform when she hears her phone buzz. She doesn’t check it until she’s finished getting ready.

    ‘ Alright. Thanks again, Ayano! I hope this works. ’ 

    Ayano steps outside, where Osano, Amao, Kizano, and Kokona wait for her. She hadn’t planned for Kokona to be nearby, she may not be able to slip away so easily now…

    Ayano pulls up Oko’s number. ‘ Oko, I need you to do me a favor. ’ 

    He starts typing immediately, but it takes a few moments for him to actually send the text. ‘ What is it? Are you okay? 

    ‘ I’m fine. I just need you to come up to me when I arrive and ask me to come to the Occult Room, or something. Just get me away from the fountain. ’ There, now Kokona won’t question Ayano’s disappearance. The boys haven’t asked, believing it was just to look at all the clubs, but Kokona knows that it was all to get to Musume.

    So disappearing now would cause Kokona to worry, and Ayano doesn’t want to deal with a worried Kokona while trying to set her up.

    Oko responds quicker this time. ‘ Okay...can I ask why? 

    ‘ I need to get away from them to do something, and they might question it if I just disappear. 

    ‘ What are you doing? ’ It’s the fastest reply yet.

    ‘ I’m helping Riku ask out Kokona. Kokona is with me right now, I don’t want her to find out yet. 

    ‘ Alright, I’ll come get you when you arrive. 

    ‘ Thank you, Oko. 

    Ayano pockets her phone and talks to Osano about how his night went. He talks about how Hanakō just walked into his house while Osano wasn’t home, but didn’t say anything when Osano arrived. So Osano spent an hour downstairs eating and talking to his parents, then went upstairs to find the boy laying on his bed, reading.

    Needless to say, he screamed. A lot.

    Ayano laughs at the story, and eventually Osano joins in. They’re still giggling when they step into the school.

    Ayano changes her shoes, and sure enough, when she heads to the fountain with the others, Oko is waiting for her. He’s fidgeting with his hands again, nervous. When he spots Ayano, however, he calms down some, smiling at her.

    “Hey, Oko,” Amao greets. “I thought you hang out in the Occult Room in the mornings?”

    Oko nods. “I do...I just wanted to, well..” He looks at Ayano. “Would you please...come with me to the Occult Room? I found a book that I thought you would like.”

    Ayano takes a second to make it seem like she’s thinking about it, then nods. “Of course! I’ll see you guys later.” She holds her hand out to Oko, who takes it, and they walk off without any suspicion.