Week Six, Tuesday

Week Six, Tuesday

    When Ayano wakes up in the morning, it feels like a normal day. This is partially due to the fact that Ayano always goes through the same morning routine, and partially thanks to the lack of texts from anyone. Not seeing Otohiko’s name first thing in the morning does wonders for Ayano, and when she steps out to see her five closest friends, she believes that it will be an average day.

    The day becomes even better when Taro and Uekiya join the group on the walk to school. Ayano finds herself watching the two interact. It’s interesting, seeing the two go back and forth in their conversations, teasing each other lightly. It’s cute, like a little dance that only they know the steps to.

    Osano catches Ayano staring, and nudges her, trying not to laugh at her mesmerized expression.

    “One day, you’ll be setting them up, too,” He whispers in her ear, and Ayano laughs. Osano beams at the sound, and the two fall into an easy banter for the rest of the walk to school.

    When Ayano gets there, she plans to go straight to the Student Council room. She’d like to, for once, be able to see her friends during lunch. She misses being around them.

    But her plans aren’t as straightforward as she had hoped. As she rounds the corner, she finds herself being knocked over, again, by a certain clumsy nurse. 

    ‘ It’s always someone running into me. I can’t meet anyone nowadays without getting knocked down. ’ Ayano thinks to herself, unsure if she should feel annoyed or amused by the fact.

    Mujo cuts off her thoughts with his apologizing. “Oh, not again! Ayano, I’m so sorry. Oh my, let’s get you to the office so I can make sure you’re okay. Oh, I need to stop rushing around…”

    As he talks, Ayano stands up, brushing off her uniform. “I’m fine, but if you’d like, I’ll head to the office with you.”

    Mujo smiles at her gratefully. “Oh, thank you! Come on.” He leads her through the halls, unaware of the fact that he nearly ran into three more people on the way to his office. Ayano just sighs, making a note that she may have to keep an eye on him. 

    When they get there, Mujo instructs her to sit on a cot, and is quick to check her over. As she already said, Ayano is fine, but Mujo seems to be more relieved after knowing that he didn’t harm her.

    Once Mujo says she’s good to go, Ayano stands, checking the clock. There’s still enough time in the morning that she can get some work done, thankfully. Ayano waves goodbye to Mujo, and he does the same, before turning around to check something.

    Ayano almost laughs when she hears him mutter, “I could’ve sworn I left the syringe in here. Where did I move it to…”

    When Ayano gets to the Student Council room, the other four are already in the room, discussing something. Ayano sits down by the cabinet, and gets through a few documents before she’s interrupted. 

    “Ayano?” Kuroko says, and Ayano looks up. “We just wanted to let you know that we’re going to talk with the Headmaster about the stolen knives. Would you like to join us, or can we just take your report?”