Week Ten, Friday

Week Ten, Friday

    Ayano falls out of bed an hour before her alarm clock is set to go off. Honestly, she feels like the world is cheating her out of some quality rest. Angry, tired, and bitter, the black-haired girl drags herself back into her bed, hiding under her covers. She refuses to let her abrupt awakening keep her from her rest.

    Five minutes later, Ayano sits up and gets out of bed, pretending that it was her choice to do so. She slips into the bathroom, and forced herself to wake up by splashing cold water on her face.

    She makes a mess on the floor, and nearly slips on the water.

    She wonders if this is how Mujo feels.

    Three minutes and a wet towel later, the bathroom is clean and Ayano can fix her hair. Luckily, there's no problems with that.

    Ayano puts on her uniform as slowly as possible, checking her outfit over for wrinkles or dirt. And, of course, there's nothing. Ayano sighs and steps out of her room.

    Looking at the clock, Ayano knows that she has way too much time, and nothing to do.

    That's why, when the seven boys show up, they're greeted with a bag full of chocolate muffins.

    "Dear, what's the occasion?" Amao asks, taking one. 

    Ayano sighs, handing one to Aso, who's bouncing in excitement. "I woke up too early and had nothing to do."

    "So you baked us all treats? That's sweet of you, darling," Kizano says, taking his with delicate movements.

    Ayano blushes, and closes the plastic bag with thirteen muffins still left. She knows exactly who she's going to give them to.

    Conversation is sparse on the walk to school today, probably because of the muffins. After all, everyone is too busy eating to care about talk.

    When the group gets to school, Ayano heads straight for the Student Council room. All five of the Council members are already there, sitting at a table. Aoi seems upset by something Kuroko is saying, and Ayano pauses at the look.

    "Hey, Ayano," Shiromi greets casually. "What's up?"

    Ayano holds up the bag. "I made muffins? Want one?"

    Akane smiles. "Oh that's so nice of you! Of course we do."

    Four minutes later, the five are silently eating their muffins. Ayano takes the silence happily, and sits down at her filing cabinet to work. As soon as she looks away, she can hear the sound of pencil scratching, and can't help but smile, amused by Megamo's dedication to work. She lets his writing become her background noise as she goes through her classmates' files. 

    She finds Musume's, and finds herself leaning closer, eager to see what was written about her friend.

    ' Snobbish and rude. Fake. Untrustable, only cares about herself. ' The words are harsh and honest, dated back to last year, back when Musume wasn't trying to change.

    But underneath it, there's newer writing. And judging by the looping, enchanting handwriting, it's obvious that Akane wrote the next bit. ' Showing improvement under Ayano's guidance. Nervous, see Otohiko's files for more detail. ' And even newer writing still, ' Joined the Light Music Club .'