Week Four, Sunday

Week Four, Sunday

    Ayano’s Sunday starts normally. She gets up, gets dressed, and cleans around the house. It doesn’t take very long, considering Ayano is the only one who’s been living in it for three weeks, but it’s a good way to pass some time. 

    Ayano gets a phone call from her parents, asking how she’s been. Her father asks if she’s been on top of her work, and how she likes Akademi. 

    She’s honest, saying her grades are practically perfect and she’s made a lot of friends. The second half makes her father happy, so Ayano spends a moment talking about how she’s even joined some clubs. 

    Then her mother takes over, asking Ayano if she’s met any cute boys. And Ayano has, and all three of them walk her to and from school, but she knows that isn’t what her mother means. She’s not asking about cute guy friends .

    Her mother only cares about Ayano’s love life.

    So Ayano says that no, she hasn’t found any special, cute boys.

    Her mother, of course, is disappointed, but quickly cheers up. She promises Ayano that she’ll find him soon.

    Her father ends the call quickly, telling Ayano not to rush herself to grow up before hanging up.

    Ayano goes to eat lunch, but she doesn’t have much food left. Looks like it’s time for her to go grocery shopping.

    Ayano takes her time at the store, and walks out an hour later with a couple of bags. Living alone for weeks means that Ayano doesn’t have to buy much. It’s nice.

    Ayano is thinking about her lines for Romeo and Juliet when she runs straight into someone. Ayano nearly drops her bags as she falls backwards, but manages to keep her hold on them.

    The boy she bumped into, however, has dropped his bag. All of its contents are strewn about on the ground.

    “Sorry,” Ayano says, picking up the stuff. She looks at it, interested by the contents. A lot of strange rocks, some candles, and a book titled, ‘ Demons and You: A Guide to Summonings .’

    “Oh no…” The boy says quietly, looking worried. “I’m sorry..I didn’t see you.”

    “It’s okay. I didn’t see you either.” Ayano puts the rest of his stuff in the bag and hands it to him. Their hands brush, and his face turns pink.

    He’s cute, in an odd, gloomy way. His long, navy blue hair frames his face, and makes him look even paler. He looks at her with wide, light purple eyes that give away hints of restlessness due to the dark rings under them. The blush doesn’t go away.

    “Anyways,” Ayano continues, since he’s not saying anything. “It was nice to meet you! I’m Ayano.”

    “Oko Ruto,” He responds, and he clutches his bag tightly.

    “Goodbye, Oko.” She walks away then, mind going back to her script. 

    She doesn’t see Oko wave behind her, or the way he watches her, eyes trailing her as she leaves.

    The rest of the day is normal, with Ayano reciting lines and getting ready for another week of school.

Notes:

And here we are! Welcome to Week Four!

I'm sorry that it was so short, but I imagine these as cutscenes more than anything else. A chance for the newest rival to be introduced, but not explored much. For that, you'll just have to wait another day!

565 words.