Week Three, Tuesday

Week Three, Tuesday

    The day starts normally. This time, Taro isn’t present as the group walks to school, but Ayano, Amao, and Osano all talk about an upcoming science test that both of the year two teachers are giving out on Friday. Osano seems worried about the test, complaining that he’s not good at science. Amao suggests that they all study together at lunch on Thursday, so that they can all review the day before the test. Osano agrees, and Ayano is happy to see him relaxing more around Amao. It’s improvement.

    When they step onto school grounds, Amao and Osano both step closer to Ayano. Ayano looks up to see Otohiko waiting by the gate, watching her. He jumps and runs away when he sees that he’s been caught staring. Ayano watches as he runs away, then looks back to the boys beside her. When Otohiko is out of sight, they both give her a bit of space, but not as much as there was before. Ayano doesn’t comment on it. 

    She also doesn’t mind, but that’s irrelevant.

    When Taro gets to school, he waves at the three, then heads off to his club. Osano chuckles at that, but doesn’t explain why. 

    Kokona sits at the fountain when she arrives, giving the rest of the Rainbow Six a quick hello before turning to Ayano. 

    “Hey, Yan!” Kokona says as she pulls Ayano into a hug.

    “Hi, Kokona. How are you?”

    Kokona laughs, and Ayano searches for any insincerity. She doesn’t find any at the moment. “I’m as fine as I can be on a Tuesday morning. What about you?”

    Ayano nods at that. “About the same. Did you guys vote on what play we’re auditioning for today?”

    Kokona nods, looking more awake now. “We did! It was almost unanimous, too! It’s going to be so much fun, Yan!”

    “That’s great, Kokona. But what did you decide on?”

    Kokona laughs. “Oh, right! We’re going to be doing Romeo and Juliet ! Isn’t it romantic?”

    Osano scoffs. “They both end up dead in like three days. Is that really romance?”

    Kokona sticks her tongue out at him. “Yes!” She ignores his confused look. “And we already know who our leads will end up being, of course.” She winks at Ayano.

    Ayano considers the members for the club, and she, too, can guess who will be the leads. “So you’re Juliet? Congratulations!” She smiles at Kokona, and means it. Kokona is clearly a romantic at heart, and while it’d be more appealing to watch Kokona and Riku act out the famous lovers, Ayano knows that Kizano will claim the spotlight.

    Kokona just blinks at that. “No? You are! Well, you will be!”

    Ayano...did not expect this. “Oh, okay,” She manages to reply.

    Kokona laughs. “Did you really expect me to be the lead?”

    Ayano shrugs. “You’re the romantic here. It’d be better if it was you and-” she cuts herself off when Kokona starts blushing. “You know. But you’d still be great working with Kizano.”