Week Eight, Saturday

    Ayano wakes up slowly, and stares at her ceiling as she slips out of her drowsiness. A few minutes later, she finally sits up, slipping out of her bed. She checks her phone, which is almost free of notifications.

    Surprisingly, it’s the Student Council chat that has texts. Ayano clicks on it.

    Kuroko: Ayano, I’ve heard of Osorō’s recent improvements. He seems well caught up in math and science. Good job.

    Akane: That’s wonderful! Ayano, if you continue catching Osorō up at this rate, you should be able to get back to your normal duties in a week or two!

    Ayano smiles, proud that Osorō’s improvements are noted. However, it’s bittersweet, because when they’re finished, the two will spend less time together. 

    Ayano rolls her eyes at the thoughts, pushing them away as she heads to her dresser. Just like all of the people in her life, Ayano knows that she will find time for Osorō. She’ll find a way.

    With this in mind, Ayano pulls on a light blue dress and pulls her hair up. She cleans her home for a bit, studies for some of her subjects, and texts in the group chat until it’s time to head to the ice cream shop. 

    When she gets there, Uekiya is the only one at the shop.

    “Ayano!” Uekiya says, waving her over. She’s found a large outdoor table area with enough seats for all twelve of them.

    “Hello, Uekiya. You look nice,” Ayano says honestly. Uekiya blushes, the pink on her cheeks matching the light pink of her dress.

    “Thank you. I wanted to make a good first impression on Hanakō. I know how much he means to Taro.” Uekiya smiles. “And you look pretty, too. Ready to meet the young Yamada?”

    “Oh, I’ve already met him,” Ayano says with a shrug. “I’m happy to see him again, though. He’s a sweet boy.”

    Uekiya goes to speak, but is distracted. “Look who’s here!” She points behind Ayano, and Ayano turns around to see.

    Pippi and Ryuto are heading up to the shop, talking excitedly. They’re both blushing, just like always when beside each other.

    “I guess they got together on their own,” Ayano says.

    Uekiya cooes. “That’s adorable.” She watches Ryuto walk into the shop, Pippi waiting at a table for two.

    Pippi looks over and spots them. “Ayano!” Pippi cheers, hopping out of her seat. “Uekiya! How are you guys?”

    “We’re well, just waiting for some friends. How are you and Ryuto?” Ayano responds.

    “We’re really good! We just wanted to get ice cream and then go get the newest Yanvania game!”

    “How long have you two been dating?” Uekiya asks.

    Pippi’s cheeks quickly match the pink in her hair. “Wh-what? We aren’t dating!” She frowns, and mutters, “He doesn’t like me like that, anyways…”