Week Three, Monday

Week Three, Monday

    Ayano’s walk to school is the most normal thing about her day. She’s used to talking with Osano every morning by now, and the addition of Taro and Amao isn’t surprising. It’s when she gets to the school, then her day changes.

    In all honesty, she should’ve expected this. It’s her fault, after all, for trying to meet the whole school.

    The first person to greet her is Mina Rai, but that makes sense, considering they share a class.

    Then Midori is clinging to her, trying to drag her off to the Gaming Club, which Ayano politely declines. This, too, makes sense to Ayano, because that’s just Midori.

    And then she meets a boy who she doesn’t recognize. At all.

    He smiles shyly at her, brushing some of his long, pink hair out of the way. “Hi! Um, you’re Ayano, right?”

    Ayano nods, confused. Beside her, Osano glares at the boy, who shrinks in on himself.

    “Yes, and you are?” Seriously, who is he? He can’t be in a club, Ayano knows that much, because she never saw him while on her, as she dubs it, “Kokona Mission.” It’s not a creative name, but it works.

    “Oh! I’m Otohiko. I just wanted to, uh, say that I saw your performance. You were amazing.”

    Ayano nods, careful to keep a smile on her face. Otohiko looks at the floor.

    “Is that it?” Osano asks, annoyed. He’s already reaching for Ayano’s hand, ready to drag her off.

    Otohiko looks alarmed and shakes his head. “No, I, uh, I also wanted to ask you something!”

    Ayano looks at the timid boy and tries not to sigh in annoyance. “Yes?”

    But the boy just squeaks. “Never mind!” He darts off.

    Satisfied, Osano pulls Ayano to the fountain, and Amao follows behind.

    Ayano notices that a girl with tan skin and pink highlights has been watching her. The girl looks almost like Musume.

    “Hey, Osano?” Ayano asks, voice quiet. Osano leans in to hear.

    “What is it, Aya?”

    “Who is she?” Ayano tilts her head towards the girl. Osano scoffs.

    “Kokoro. Part of Musume’s squad of bullies. Just as annoying.” He leans on Ayano’s shoulder slightly. “Don’t worry about her. She won’t mess with you, not now.”

    Amao joins the conversation. “And if she does try, she’ll deal with us, anyways.” He winks at her, but Ayano doubts that Amao could seriously threaten anyone.

    Osano, on the other hand, might actually be a threat to anyone who pisses him off enough. Maybe.

    Ayano shakes her head. It doesn’t matter if they could fight Musume’s squad, Ayano already has a plan to deal with Musume.