Week Eleven, Thursday

    Ayano wakes up with one goal in mind, and that is to finish filing the rest of the papers. She’s almost done, and she knows that, with morning time and club time combined, she can finally finish the job and get a new task. Or just get a break. Either option is fine with Ayano, but at this point she just wants a change in her routine. Something new, however miniscule, to spice things up in life. She’s a simple girl, but even she likes to break routines.

    However, she doesn’t mind the part of her routine where she steps out of her house and is immediately greeted by the eight boys that she loves. That part can stay the same, thank you very much. And the walk to school, where she gets to talk to them about their previous evenings and what they all plan to do for the day.

    Somehow, the conversation ends up on the subject of personal interests, specifically the topic of favorites. Ayano finds herself bombarded with question after question by her friends, all asking her about what she likes.

    “Darling, what’s your favorite flower?” Kizano asks first, and Ayano blushes.

    “Roses,” she says, remembering the bouquets that she was given after her first performance. She has two of them pressed in a book, one from Osano and one from Amao. The two boys blush at that, looking at each other as if they know what she’s thinking of.

    “Let me guess, princess, your favorite candy is chocolate, then?” Osorō asks, rolling his eyes.

    “Yeah. It tastes good.” Ayano shrugs, thinking of all of her time in the Cooking Club. Then she giggles. “But I’m also a fan of red velvet.”

    Osorō snorts as Amao’s blush deepens.

    “Do you like jewelry, Senpai?” Hanakō asks. 

    Ayano shrugs again. “Not particularly. Why?”

    Hanakō eyes her oddly. “Well, because you always wear that choker! I thought you must really like it if you’re always wearing it?”

    Ayano touches the black heart, smiling. “It’s one of my only pieces.” The others are from her mother, in an attempt for her to doll herself up and find a guy. “But this one is my favorite, because Oko gave it to me as a gift.” She smiles at Oko, who blushes and smiles back.

    Hanakō nods at that. “So, you wouldn’t wear any others?”

    Ayano shrugs. “Not any of the pieces I have right now. They’re not exactly meaningful to me. This one is.”

    Osano opens his mouth, but Ayano cuts him off by asking, “Why are you guys so interested all of a sudden?”

    All of the boys stay silent for a moment. Unsurprisingly, it’s Aso who pipes up first.

    “We just want to know some more about you, Yan! We always talk, but it never hurts to learn even more.” He beams, and Ayano nods.

    “Well, I’d like to get to know more about all of you, too. So, what’s all of your favorite flowers?” Ayano looks at all of the boys.

    Osano sputters. “Our favorite flowers? Nobody asks guys about their-”

    “Sunflowers,” Osorō says first, without any hesitation. “They’re tall. Like trees, but they said screw it and refused to be short just because they’re flowers.”