Week Two, Friday

Week Two, Friday

Osano and Amao speak quietly to each other the whole walk to school. Ayano, realizing it's a private conversation, doesn't ask what they're talking about. Instead, Ayano talks to Taro, who tells her about his gardening plans. The walk is nice, peaceful, and full of contentment.

When they get to Akademi, they all go to the fountain. Kokona arrives and smiles at them, but heads over to talk with the rest of the Rainbow Six girls. Saki glances at Amao mischievously at one point, but makes no comments.

The morning passes quickly, and Ayano and Osano head to class, where they find out that the teacher is allowing them to work together again. Osano is at Ayano’s desk in seconds, and they speed through the work, then turn to watching cat memes on Osano’s phone for the rest of class.

At lunch, Amao and Osano go back to their whispering. This time, Taro decides to intervene.

“What're you guys whispering about?” He asks, looking at the duo oddly.

“Oh, just a little idea for the Cooking Club,” Amao responds calmly.

“What's the plan?” Kokona asks, just as curious.

“None of your business, Cooking Club members only!” Osano snaps.

“I'm part of the club and I don't know,” Ayano points out.

Osano sputters. “Just don’t worry about it!”

Ayano eyes Osano oddly, but doesn’t say anything. She just shrugs and goes back to eating.

Osano, for his part, doesn’t say anything either. Neither does Amao.

Kokona takes it upon herself to change the topic. “So, tonight is the last practice before the play! I’m so excited!”

Ayano smiles at Kokona. “I can’t wait. Saturday will be odd, though. I’ve never done makeup, so I’m not sure what I’ll need for the show.”

Kokona waves her hand, as if brushing the worries away. “That’s why I’m spending the night at your place tonight! I’ll be with you to do your makeup, so don’t worry one bit about that, Yan.”

Ayano nods. “Alright. Thank you, Kokona.”

“All part of being a good friend!” She winks.

Amao smiles. “And the Cooking Club is going to spend tomorrow morning baking.” He looks at Ayano. “Usually, I’d ask all of my members to show up to bake, as we need all the hands we can get to make enough treats for the whole school, but since you’re in the Drama Club as well, I suppose you get a pass.”

Ayano remembers hearing about this. “Oh, right! You guys bake concessions for all of the plays, don’t you?”

“Correct! We raise a lot of money during the shows.”

“But not as much as we get from shows,” Kokona stage whispers to Ayano.

Osano rolls his eyes. “Of course not, because we don’t charge nearly as much as you do for your tickets!” Kokona just giggles in return.