Week Eleven, Wednesday

    Ayano wakes up with a song in her head and love in her heart. Well, the love has been there for weeks, but it feels stronger and freer with every passing day. The song, however, is temporary, but it’s a good one, so Ayano hums it as she goes through her morning routine. She smiles as she pulls on her choker and fixes her bow tie, then she grabs her bag and heads out of her house.

    She’s greeted by all eight of her crushes as she locks the front door, and she smiles at them all as soon as she turns around.

    “Good morning, guys,” Ayano greets, and they return the sentiment. “So, what’s everyone doing today?”

    Most of them, of course, are just going to their clubs. Only two people have any variations for their club time plans.

    “I plan to show Gaku around the club room and the backstage area, darling, should he plan to return,” Kizano says. “I am rather hurt, however, that he ran out as soon as club time ended without saying if he will come back or join us.”

    Osorō snorts. “Gaku is kinda shy, cut him some slack.” He rolls his eyes. “All of the boys are tryin’ to branch out and join clubs, but most of them are scared.”

    Hanakō frowns. “Why are they scared?”

    “They’ve been going out of their way for months to act intimidating, and now they’re letting their guards down,” Ayano explains calmly. “They’re worried that people will reject them.”

    Hanakō pouts. “Well, everyone deserves a second chance, and you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover!”

    Ayano feels her heart warm, and she can’t help her smile from growing. “You’re a sweetheart, Hanakō, and you’re right.”

    Hanakō blushes and beams at her. “Thank you, Senpai.”

    Amao clears his throat, getting everyone’s attention. “Osorō, you said that they’re all trying to join clubs? What are the others interested in joining?”

    Osorō shrugs. “Well, Dairoku is into science and all of that nerd crap, so he’s been geeking out about the Science Club. Hokuto is going to try joining the Art Club, because he enjoys that sort of stuff. He’ll fit right in, he’s pretty good at painting. Hayanari believes in ghosts and demons, so he’s probably going for the Occult Club. He didn’t say, but it’s easy to read that boy.”

    Oko fidgets with his choker, eyes wide. “Oh, really? That’s...wonderful. I didn’t think anyone would want to join…”

    Osorō shakes his head. “Nah, he likes all of that stuff. Thinks it’s cool or whatever.”

    “And what about Umeji?” Ayano asks.

    “Oh, he’s going to be joining me in the Cooking Club. He’s obsessed with sweets.”

    Amao smiles. “That’s wonderful. I’m glad that another person wants to join my club.”

    Ayano smiles, too. “So he’s going to join after school today?” She asks.

    Osorō nods. “Yeah, I convinced them all to start pursuing their interests. Can’t expect them to give up on their passions, you know?”