Week Six, Sunday

Week Six, Sunday

    Ayano wakes up early on Sunday, ready for the day. She checks her phone for notifications, ignoring the practically nonstop ones from Otohiko, and is glad to see that the group chat is wide awake. Well, some of them. 

    Okay, it’s just Aso, but he has enough energy to fill the whole chat.

    Aso: Hey Yan, what time do you want us to head over?

    Aso: I’m bored and just got done with my morning run, are you up? 

    Aso: Want me to bring anything back from the café? Kaito says hi, btw!

    Aso: He also says that you’re sane for not coming with me again…

    Ayano chuckles. The most recent text was only a couple of minutes ago. Ayano texts back.

    Ayano: You don’t have to bring anything back. If you want, you can head over here when you’re done eating. Tell Kaito that I said hello.

    Ayano gets dressed for the day, throwing on a simple outfit of shorts and a shirt, and has a text from Aso when she finishes.

    Aso: I’ll be there soon!

    Aso: Well, pretty soon! See ya!

    Ayano chuckles and sends one last text.

    Ayano: Alright, I’ll see you! And the rest of you guys can head over whenever you want. 

    Then Ayano sets down her phone and starts cleaning her house. She wants it to look nice for her friends.

    She’s been cleaning for about thirty minutes when she hears a knock on her door.

    “It’s open,” Ayano calls out, and turns off her music. The door opens, and Aso steps inside.

    “Hi, Yan!” Aso says, coming up to her. “I would’ve been here sooner, but I saw these and thought that you’d like them.” He hands her a bouquet of flowers. 

    They’re beautiful. The white petals make the flowers look delicate, and Ayano takes them gently, as if they could break. “They look wonderful. What are they?”

    Aso pauses. “You know, I probably should’ve asked that. Huh.”

    Ayano giggles and searches for a vase. “Well, they’re amazing nonetheless. Thank you, Aso.”

    Aso blushes and nods, then looks around. “Need any help cleaning? I can lend a hand or two.”

    Ayano shrugs. “If you’d like to pull out some snacks for when everyone arrives, that’d be helpful. I’m almost done cleaning up, my house doesn’t get that messy when I’m the only one here.”

    Aso starts going through Ayano’s food selection. After a moment, he asks, “So, if you don’t mind me asking, where are your parents? Do they ever stop working?”