Week Eight, Friday

Week Eight, Friday

    The group chat is chaos when Ayano wakes up, and her phone is filled with notifications. Ayano snorts, and rushes to get ready so she can read the messages.

    As soon as Ayano is ready for the day, she sits on one of the couches and starts looking through the texts.

    Osorō: Oh, hey. Thanks, princess.

    Osano: Princess? Aya, who is this?

    Osorō: Wouldn’t you like to know.

    Kokona: Hi? I’m Kokona, who are you?

    Osorō: ;)

    Ayano laughs, watching as more people joined in, asking Osorō for his name. Osorō, of course, never gave in, continuously teasing the chat.

    Standing up to grab her bag, Ayano sends one text.

    Ayano: I’m glad that you all introduced yourself to Osorō already. :)

    Ayano can’t help but laugh again when she steps outside, and is greeted by the sight of the five boys staring at their phones, along with her phone buzzing in her pocket.

    Osano looks up when he hears her laughter. “Really, Aya? You added Osorō to the group chat?”

    “Yep.” The group starts walking.

    “..why?” Oko asks after a pause.

    “He’s nice. Once you get to know him, he’s really kind,” Ayano explains. 

    “Yan, are you even capable of finding flaws in people?” Aso asks. “Because I’m starting to think that you’d befriend a murderer or Yakuza member at this rate.”

    “There’s nothing wrong with her looking past someone’s faults!” Amao says, then turns to Ayano. “Dear, I’m glad that Osorō is kind to you, even if I wouldn’t have sought him out for his friendship.”

    “Thank you, Amao. And Aso, I can find flaws in people. I just choose to ignore them if their positives outweigh the bad,” Ayano says in response. 

    Kizano sighs. “Alright. We’ll try befriending Osorō, just for you, darling.”

    Ayano smiles. “Thanks. He’s amazing, just give him a couple of days.”

    The boys seem skeptical at that comment, but they don’t argue the idea. For the rest of the walk, Ayano talks to Kizano about rehearsal plans.

    Aso walks with Ayano as she heads to the incinerator, only leaving her a few moments before she turns the corner. When she gets there, she walks straight into an interesting conversation.

    “Boss, you like her, we all see it,” One delinquent, Umeji, says. The other four nod along, muttering agreements.

    “What? Where’d you get that idea?” Osorō responds. His back is to Ayano, but his stiff posture shows that he’s on guard.