Chapter 8 - soft heart

The carriage stopped abruptly, and Yu Lingxi swayed, almost hitting her head.

Frowning, he raised the curtain and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Miss, a person is lying in the middle of the road ahead." The groom's voice came with difficulty against the harsh wind.

Yu Lingxi raised her eyes and looked at the dim light of the lantern. Sure enough, there was an undulating black silhouette not far in front of her, with a thin layer of white on her body. If it wasn't for the sharp-eyed driver of the carriage, she might have been trampled to death by the carriage. The meat is pureed.

Probably a drunk person. Yu Lingxi guessed.

In the past, in the capital, every year, drunk people passed out in the snow. If no one found out in time, they would freeze to death.

After all, it is a human life. Yu Lingxi said: "Wake him up and move him to a warm place that is sheltered from the wind."

The guard took the order and walked towards the person lying in the snow with a lamp.

Not long after, the guard trotted back, his footsteps hurried and messy.

"Miss! That's not a drunk, but a seriously injured teenager!"

Thanks to Ning Yin, Yu Lingxi subconsciously tenses up when she hears the word "youth".

But thinking it would not be such a coincidence, he felt a little relieved, bent down, and got out of the carriage.

The shattered snow rolled on the ground, almost blowing off the hood of the cloak on her head.

The guard hurriedly opened an umbrella to shield her from the wind and snow.

After walking a few steps, Yu Lingxi felt something was wrong.

She stopped where she was, hesitated for a moment, took the lantern from the attendant, and moved closer to illuminate it.

Three feet of warm light spread on the floor, illuminating the young man's familiar and pale face, and the flickering light glinted in his dark eyes, unable to reflect any warmth.

Only the beautiful and noble girl in the heavy snow stepped forward, and in his dim vision, a more beautiful picture than Xueyue was reflected.

The lantern fell into the snow and went out with a puff.

On this windy and snowy night, Yu Lingxi and Ning Yin once again looked at each other in embarrassment

I ran into Ning Yin's distressed appearance again and again, and I didn't know whether the heavens were punishing Ning Yin or her.

Thousands of words merged into two words: Nie Yuan.

Did he escape from the Immortals of the Desire Realm, or was he hunted down to this point?

It doesn't matter what the inside story is, and Yu Lingxi doesn't have the heart to guess.

She just wanted to solve the current trouble and asked with frowning eyebrows: "How far is the nearest clinic? Take him away; hurry up."

"Miss Hui is about two miles away."

The guard replied: "However, this person must have suffered an internal injury, which affected the viscera, so it is not suitable to move it casually."

If he can't be driven away and can't be moved, why not let him lie here, waiting to die?

Just as he was thinking about whether he could go another way, he heard the guard hurriedly say: "Miss, he has passed out."