Chapter 49: Candied Fruit

At the end of the year, Yu Huanchen returned alone in the night.

  Su Wan immediately stood up, stepped forward, and said nervously: "Husband, have you found Suisui?"

  Yu Huanchen looked solemn, shook his head, and said: "Yu Xinyi and his guards are still looking for me. How are my parents doing?" "

  Mom? Hearing the news, his old illness relapsed, so he drank the decoction and managed to sleep."

  Su Wan poured him a cup of tea and said in a low voice, "My father went to Jingzhao Mansion and has not returned yet."

  Yu Huanchen took the tea He nodded thoughtfully.

  The gangsters openly assassinated the carriages and horses of the generals in the DPRK at Yongning Bridge, but the patrolmen who maintained the safety of the capital arrived belatedly. It would be a bit hasty and strange to conclude the murder of the Mobei people...unless it was ordered by someone above.

  Yu Huanchen checked the guns and weapons used by the assassins and found that they were all coated with poison. My sister was injured on her arm and had been taken away by Wei Qi for two hours. Her life or death was unknown.

  Just as he was thinking about it, he suddenly noticed that his wife beside him had not moved for a long time.

  Yu Huanchen looked to the side and saw Su Wan sitting behind the desk with his head lowered, the tip of his nose was red, and the handkerchief was almost torn with ten thin fingers.

  Yu Huanchen lowered his head and came closer, looked at her big eyes shining with tears, and asked uncomfortably: "What's wrong?"

  He suddenly came over, Su Wan quickly turned away wiped his eyes, and said guiltily: "It's all my fault... If I had not asked Sui Sui to leave the house, she would not have been injured..."

  As he spoke, his voice choked, and his head lowered, only his slightly trembling jaw could be seen.

  Yu Huanchen felt as if he had been struck by a knife. He curled his fingers and awkwardly wiped away his wife's tears.

  "It's not your fault, the assassin came for me."

  Yu Huanchen explained, "If you're to blame, it's also my fault. You shouldn't have been allowed to leave the house in my carriage."

  Now all we can do is see if Wei Qi can treat his sister well.

  ...

  When Yu Lingxi woke up, it was the darkest night.

  The red gauze curtain and flower-branched candlesticks that caught her eye made her feel dazed for a moment.

  If it weren't for the pain from the neatly bandaged arrow wound on her arm, she almost thought she was still in a dream from her previous life.

  Probably because he had detoxified, Yu Lingxi's mind was unusually clear. Turning his head slightly, he saw that Ning Yin had changed into a snow-colored robe, sitting on the seat beside the couch with his legs crossed, holding his temples and closing his eyes to relax.

  He was used to wearing dark military uniforms, but when he changed his style, he looked like a mountain god. The light shines on his side face, his nose is straight and his lips are light. His thick eyelashes are lightly closed, covering his eyes that are too cold and cold, and his whole person becomes soft.

  The memories before the coma emerged bit by bit. Yu Lingxi remembered that she was unconscious and talked a lot of nonsense, and she even remembered Ning Yin's dark red eyes.