Matchday Aston Villa

The last 4 days have been great. My car and stuff have arrived so I am now officialy living in London, I really like living with Katie we have great banter. Arsenal is really like a family.
My days are pretty much the same, wake up, dress, eat breakfast, go to training, train, gym or recovery, go back home, eat dinner and go to sleep. But today is different today is matchday, yesterday Jonas told me I would make my debut, I would probably be subbed on around the 60 minute mark.

Katie and I just got out of my car and went inside the training centre where we gather so we can go to the stadium in the bus together as a team. The bus is already here so we can go on it directly, we walk to the back. When I was at Sydney the back was were the party was, I suspect the same here. Leah comes on the bus and music is blasting through her speaker, guess she is the DJ. Leah actually has great taste of music, not my genre but its fine.

We arrive at the Emirates not long after leaving the training centre, everyone is buzzing for the first game of the season. The kick off is at 3, it is now 12. We enter the relaxationroom and have small convo about everything and nothing until the staff says we need to change for warm up. The stadium is packed already and the Aston Villa girls are already warming up, I glance over and see Kirsty Hanson, she sees me to and gives me a small wave and a smile, i return both. Kirsty and I met at a few football events and really clicked, we have been wanting to meet outside of football but with me playing in Australia it was difficult to arrange a date.

After warm up we go back inside. I look in my locker and see my shirt hanging y/l/n - 8. It still feels like a dream. I put it on and switch shoes, its been one of my pre match routines. I warm up in different shoes then I play my match, it started once as a joke but now I can't not do it. I pull on my Arsenal jacket and make my way to the bench, the Villa girls are already standing in line. I see Rachel Daly, Jordan Nobbs, Alisha Lehmann and Kirsty, I walk up to her and give her a hug wishing her good luck. 'Hey y/n' she says when i was about to walk away 'yeah Kirs?' I ask 'Wanna have a drink after this game? No matter the score' 'yeah sounds good' I say giving her a smile then turning around. I see Leah looking at me, she looks hurt but why? She then quickly puts her game face on and looks straight forward. weird

Line up:
1. Manuela Zinsberger
5. Jen Beattie
6. Leah Williamson
15. Katie McCabe
22. Kyra Coone-Cross
19. Caitlin Foord
13. Lia Walti
12. Frida Maanum
10. Kim Little
9. Beth mead
11. Vivianne Miedema

Game starts:
10' here comes Arsenal Katie McCabe on the left, sending it into the box Caitlin jumps but the ball goes into the keepers gloves

Aston Villa is strong today. They have a few new singings like Daphne Van Domselaar and Jordan Nobbs.

22' Aston Villa is in attack but Rachel Daly can't get past Leah Williamson who starts a counter, amazing ball from Williamson to Miedema. Miedema turns and shoots. Arsenal 1 - Aston Villa 0

The stadium errupts when the ball hit the back of the net, the team needed this goal. For the rest of the first half Arsenal is on the upper hand but can't seem to put the ball away.

37' Katie McCabe makes an dirty tackle and gets a yellow. It was an necessary tackle otherwise it would be a goal for Aston Villa

Half time wistle goes.

Jonas begins with his talk 'girls, you are playing amazing, I love the link ups but we need to put the ball in the back of the net or they will do it' everyone listens in silence 'subs you can all go warm up, I will make some changes during the second half, be prepared' I stand up and walk outside with Steph, we have a laugh while warming up and then take place on the bench again.

47' Aston Villa starts the second half strong, already having a shot on target but Manu could save it.

56' Jonas calls me and tells me to start warm up again.