Semi final

The last few days we have trained our asses off, every single one of us did their absolutle best to be as ready as possible for the semi-final. If we win the match today against Australia, we will be going to the World Cup final for the very first time in England women football history.

I walk into the dinningroom but nobody is there yet except for some staff members so I decide to take a coffee and a sandwich to go and do a morning walk through Sydney. It is crazy that we have been here for many days and I haven't walked through the city I spent many years of my life. My hometown New Castle is also nearby and I am planning to visit there soon but we have been very busy so I hope I get some time for that before returning to England. I love going on morning strolls or runs, you can watch everyone being in there own little worlds. Parents bringing kids to school, students hurring to get to school in time for their first period and people walking their dogs or jogging in the park. I am walking past a small bakery when I notice that they sell vanilla slices, I used to love those as a kid. I quickly finish the remaining of my coffee before throwing it in the bin and entering the bakery. 'Good morning, how can I help you?' A woman around her mid 30's asks with a friendly smile 'Could I have 6 vanilla slices please?' I ask her and she nods 'Ofcourse, for take away or eat here?' 'Take away please' She nods again and starts preparing my order. While doing so she keeps looking up to me with a frown on her face 'That will be $12 please' She says as she hands me the bag with vanilla slices, I pay and thank her. Before I can leave the store the woman speaks up 'Im sorry but I have the feeling I reconise you from somewhere, I just can't put my finger on it', I am debating if I should play this off or tell her why she knows me. 'I play proffesional soccer' I tell her, that seems to be the thing she needed to hear 'Oh my gosh! You are y/n y/l/n, my daughter is a huge fan of yours' I feel a slight blush form on my cheeks 'Thats me and great to hear she is a fan' I say with an awkward chuckle 'I feel like this is to much to ask but could you maybe stay a few extra minutes? She is coming here before we go to the England - Australia match tonight' She asks nervous 'Yes ofcourse'. One rule I always have is that I always make time for young girls and boys, they are the next generation and it is important that we support them as much as they support us. We chat while we wait on her daughter to arrive from her training, not even 5 minutes later she storms through the door but freezes in her tracks when noticing me leaning against the counter. 'Am I dreaming?' She asks in disbelieve looking at me with big eyes 'No you aren't hun, where is your father?' The woman replies, I learned her name is Isobel and the girl her name is Lara 'He is parking the car'. 'Hi Lara, your mum said your a fan of me' She nods quickly 'Lets take a picture, you are wearing a nice shirt' I say with a wink as she wears the Arsenal kit, we take some pictures and I sign her jersey. 'Your mum told me you are coming to the match tonight' 'I am!' She says excited 'Who are you supporting?' I ask teasing 'TILLIES!' She shouts 'Oehh wrong answer' I joke which makes us all laugh. I stop abruptly when a man walks into the bakery, a man I reconise all too well, he has his head burried into his phone so doesn't notice me. 'Dad look it is y/n, my favorite footballer' Lara says making him look up from his phone directly, his eyes widen and he turns pale. Dad huh? That motherfucker left us just to create a whole new family, bastard. 'Great to meet you y/n' He says pretending like he doesn't know me, pretending that he wasn't the man that gave me my name. He doesn't actually know me, not anymore because I have changed a lot since he left. I hum in agreement wanting to leave as soon as possible 'I should get going, need to be back in time for the bus' I tell them, they thank me and I give Lara a last hug before I leave the bakery 'Shit, I forgot something in the car' I hear y/d/n say and he follows me outside.
'Y/N WAIT' He shouts at me when we are out of sight from the bakery, I have kept my calm for the sake of his wife and kid but I can't keep it in for much longer. 'Hi dad' I say sarcasme clear in my tone 'What are you doing here?' He asks confused 'The Womens World Cup is being played at the moment, I play for England' I explain brief 'You chose my nationality?' He asks suprised with a smile 'No' I say stern 'I chose what was the best for my carreer, just like you chose yourself over me, mum and y/s/n' I say as my jaw clenched, he gulps at my coldness towards him. 'I know what I did was terrible but you seem to have moved on' 'Jesus how can you be fucking smiling right now?' I ask my knuckles turning white at my grib on the bag with vanilla slices 'I don't see the problem, I am happy and you are happy. Everything turned out to be fine right?'. Breath in and out, don't hit him, in and out. 'Your such an ass, it may be fine now but it wasn't after you left' I say as my eyes sting from remembering the time after he left 'Gosh I was an alcoholic before I turned 18, mum was an emotional mess and y/s/n needed to deal with the two of us everyday' His smile dissapears from his face 'I am sorry, I didn't know' He apologises 'You don't get to be fucking sorry now!' I raise my voice, not carrying if anyone heares us 'Go back to your new fucking family, I don't ever want to see you fucking face again!' I shout, y/d/n clearly cares about anyone hearing us because he says 'lower your voice y/n' 'And who are you to tell me that huh?' 'Your dad' I huff 'You lost the right to be my dad the day you left us' I fire back, this shuts him up. We stand there in silence until I break it 'I just want to know one thing before I leave' He nods 'How can you live everyday knowing I am your daughter while I am your daughters favorite player? Tell me how?' I ask disgust laced in my voice 'Because I love her and her mum and I sucked it up for them also, I moved on and so should you'. I hoped this answer would bring me some type of comfort but it is only making me more mad. 'And you couldn't suck it up for us?' I ask hurt 'I tried but sometimes life doesn't work the way we want it to' 'Better think about how you are going to explain this' I say and he looks at me confused before I swing my free fist against his cheek with full force, because of the blow his face turns to the side, I groan as my knuckles hurt. 'I am going to sue you!' He says angry 'Fucking do it asshole, ruin my life more because thats what your good at' He looks at me with dissapointment, a look that I am not used of getting from him. He smiles as he touches the cheek I hit with his hand 'One day you will end up doing the same as me, this proves that' I clench my jaw 'Your just saying this to mess with my head' I say as I shake his words off me 'Your still made by me, like it or not, so a part of me will always be with you' He says with a devils smile 'Fuck off' I say before I bump our shoulders together and walk past him. Underway back to the hotel I throw the vanilla slices in the bin, I can't eat them anymore not after knowing who made them. What if he is right? I mean I have ruined it before with Leah and with others. Fuck!