England camp

Today is the day of my first England camp. I am in the car with Beth, I am driving and she is in charge of the music. We are having a good time with lots of laughter, it makes me forget my nervous a little.

I pull up at SGP. We exit the car and grab our suitcases from the back. This international break will be two friendlies in Spain, one against Spain and the other one against The Netherlands. But first we will have 3 days at SGP.

We arrive at Sint George Park, we will be staying here for 3 days before we fly to Spain to play against Spain and the Netherlands. Beth and I exit the car and grab our suitcases we walk towards the entree, we are greeted by the media team. I fist bump the camera and say hi.
Media has become a big part of the England camps since they have won the Euros, the womens game has grown so thats why media has become an important aspect.
Since its my first time here I just follow Beth like a lost puppy, she gives me a small and fast tour and introduces me to the girls I haven't met before. We just walked into the meeting room and there she sat, Leah Williamson, deep in conversation with Keira Walsh and Georgia Stanway. Leah and I haven't talked since I turned down her offer to watch a film together. We have been civil at training but nothing more then that. So this is going to be an interesting week and a half.

Some minutes later Sarina walks in with the staff behind her 'Hi girls, good to see you all again and y/n welcome' everyone cheers and claps 'Alright, so this camp we will have a game against Spain and The Netherlands both strong teams. I expect everyone to give a 100%, we will be going into detail off the matches later. I also wanted to remind you all that you can come to me about anything. And know the moment you all have been waiting for roommates' I totally forgot about that, I honestly thought I would just be rooming with Beth, I hope I do.

Room 105 - Lucy Bronze and Beth Mead
Room 107 - Leah Williamson and Georgia Stanway
Room 109 - Ella Toone and Alessia Russo
Room 111 - Y/n y/l/n and Keira Walsh
...

After I heard my name, I stopped listening. Keira Walsh is an amazing baller and very kind, I only have spoken a few words with her but I think we will get along.
Everyone gets up and collects their keycard, I walk up to my room with Lucy, Keira and Beth. Keira takes the bed closest to the window and I take the other. The room is simple, two dubble beds, one bathroom, a desk with tv above, two chairs and a closet. Keira and I start to unpack while chatting about our lives, she tells me how it is living in Barcalona and I tell her how living in Australia was and the differences with London. After unpacking we layed down and did our own things, I was scrolling trough instagram when a message from Sarina popped up.

Lionesses 🦁
Sarina: Hi girls, I forgot to tell you but after dinner come to the chillroom. We will have a teambonding night and y/n will have her initation song.

Great thanks Sarina, now I need to think of a song to sing to all the girls. I turn to Keira and ask 'Which song did you sung?' She started laughing 'you're stressed aren't you?' 'Dude, im shitting my pants over here' We both start laughing 'I sung; baby from Justin Bieber' 'That's a pretty good one to be honest' I say chuckling and I open spotify scrolling through my playlists.
I narrowed my options down to 3 songs:
1. One Kiss by Dua Lipa
2. Give me the reason by James Bay
3. Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons

Dinner was fun, I was sitting at a table with Rachel Daly, Millie Bright, Mary Earps, Maya Le Tessier and others we were talking about our clubs and other unimportant stuff until we finished dinner. The nervous started to come, I would love to have a drink right now but I have made a promise to Katie, Beth and Viv. Teambonding night was fun, we did a Kahoot about the history of the Lionesses, I finished 3rd, Lucy second and Leah first ofcourse. 'Now ladies and gentleman, the moment we all have been waiting for' Sarina announces 'Y/n the stage is all yours' I get up and everyone starts to clap, cheering and wistle. I connect my phone to the speaker and grab the microphone, it's all or nothing right now.