Matchday Leicester

Today we play Leicester away at The King Power stadium. This game is a must win, not only because we are better on paper but also because we are currently sitting 3rd and a win would bring us second and only one point behind Chelsea.

I am on the bus next to Kyra 'How are you feeling about seeing Courtney again?' I ask her 'I don't know, I see her at Australia camps but it still feels strange' She replies 'I understand' I give her a understanding smile 'How are you and Leah?' Kyra asks switching from subject 'Good I think, the date was amazing but nothing major has happend after' I explain.
We arrive at King Power stadium and there are lots of fans waiting, I give some a high five and walk inside. I put on my boots and my warm up kit, I wait on Steph, who is sitting next to me, before walking out to the training pitch together.

After the warm up Jonas gives a quick speech 'Today we play Leicester, they will be physical and trying to get in our heads. We need to keep calm and focus on our game, let them be focused on us instead on their own game'. We go stand in the tunnel, I am in the starting eleven. Leah is standing infront of me 'Good luck' I whisper in her ear, she shivers and turns around 'you too' she replies smiling.

Line up:
14. Sabrina D'Angelo
7. Steph Catley
6. Leah Williamson
15. Katie McCabe
21. Victoria Pelova
19. Caitlin Foord
8. Y/n Y/l/n
12. Frida Maanum
10. Kim Little
9. Beth mead
11. Vivianne Miedema

Game starts:
11' Leicester did exactly what Jonas told us, they were physical and trash talking. I was being marked by Courtney Nevin, she has been rough on me from the start. I am suprised she haven't picked up a card yet.

Courtney is Kyra her ex. They dated for a few months but broke up because Courtney moved to Leicester and Kyra stayed in the A-league. Courtney and I were good friends until one moment changed everything and she blamed me that it happend so she doesn't like me anymore and ignores me if its possible. I don't think it was my fault, she made the first move that night.

18' Arsenal is in attack. Pelova is running through the middle, I am making my way inside the box. Vic passes the ball in the air but just when I want to jump and head the ball, I get pulled back down by my shirt. What the actual fuck? 'REF!' I shout wanting to see a card and a penalty but the referee shakes her head 'Fuck off' I groan to myself.

25' Caitlin is running from the halfway line, already gotten past three Leicester players and is now 1v1 with the keeper, she simply chips it over the keeper. 1-0 Arsenal, the traveling fans cheer loud.

She's red, she's white
She loves the vegemite
She's Caitlin Foord, Caitlin Foord

33' Courtney has been really getting on my nerves, I can't receive the ball at all no mather what I try. Suddenly I get free when Maanum sends the ball deep but before I can reach the ball I feel my feet being swept from under neath me Fucking Courtney fucking Nevin. I jump up 'What the hell is your problem' I say standing face to face with her 'Nothing just playing the game' she shrugs her shoulders 'Your not fucking playing the game, your only taking me down every chance you get' Before she can reply we are seperated by our teammates. And finally she is shown a yellow 'Finally' I say to the referee 'I can give you one too' She says stern 'Thats not necessary' I reply giving her a smile and walking away.

45+2' Arsenal have a corner, I am at the edge off the box. Courtney hasn't been such annoying since her yellow card. The ball has been brought in by Steph, a Leicester player tries to clear it but it lands with me. I get past one defender and shoot. Fucking yes! Top bin baby. I run over to the corner and jump in Steph her arms. 2-0 Arsenal

Half time

After Jonas his speech he walks over to me 'What happend with Nevin?' He asks 'She was just fucking annoying me, tackling me every chance she got and she didn't even get booked. She should have a red by now' I respond frustrated 'Yes, I agree with that' Jonas says calmly 'But you need to keep your calm. I can't have you be send off okey?' 'Yes coach' I nod.